Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Boardgames enthusiasts here?
Any Boardgames enthusiasts here?
I am particularly fond of Modern boardgames (ticket to ride/Cataan/Puerto rico, Carcassone etc) Anyone else?
RE: Any Boardgames enthusiasts here?
(December 23, 2013 at 3:50 am)là bạn điên Wrote: I am particularly fond of Modern boardgames (ticket to ride/Cataan/Puerto rico, Carcassone etc) Anyone else?

I like board games, but I lost 9 fingers in 2008, so it can be somewhat difficult for me to play many of them, especially if a lot of cards are involved, or a lot of writing.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I play a lot of card games with the wife, including every night with dinner. (I like to say our cards double as placemats).

Apo, that is so horrible. You sure seem to be able to function online without a hitch.
(December 23, 2013 at 4:04 am)rasetsu Wrote:
(December 23, 2013 at 3:50 am)là bạn điên Wrote: I am particularly fond of Modern boardgames (ticket to ride/Cataan/Puerto rico, Carcassone etc) Anyone else?

I like board games, but I lost 9 fingers in 2008, so it can be somewhat difficult for me to play many of them, especially if a lot of cards are involved, or a lot of writing.

None of the games I play involve writing but they often involve cards. I do feel for you losing 9 fingers.
(December 23, 2013 at 5:38 am)là bạn điên Wrote:
(December 23, 2013 at 4:04 am)rasetsu Wrote: I like board games, but I lost 9 fingers in 2008, so it can be somewhat difficult for me to play many of them, especially if a lot of cards are involved, or a lot of writing.

None of the games I play involve writing but they often involve cards. I do feel for you losing 9 fingers.

Eh. Don't. I live a full life and don't feel handicapped (feel). I can't do certain things that most people can. So? I can do certain things that most people can't, with my brain and my words. Do they feel sad for this lack they have? No, I don't think they do.

Anyway, games. Yeah, a lot of the popular ones involve a lot of cards. I still like to play, it's just those events are lower on my priority list than others. (And I'm kinda shy, so the social aspect of gaming with strangers can be stressful.)

(December 23, 2013 at 6:24 am)rasetsu Wrote:
(December 23, 2013 at 5:38 am)là bạn điên Wrote: None of the games I play involve writing but they often involve cards. I do feel for you losing 9 fingers.

Eh. Don't. I live a full life and don't feel handicapped (feel). I can't do certain things that most people can. So? I can do certain things that most people can't, with my brain and my words. Do they feel sad for this lack they have? No, I don't think they do.

Anyway, games. Yeah, a lot of the popular ones involve a lot of cards. I still like to play, it's just those events are lower on my priority list than others. (And I'm kinda shy, so the social aspect of gaming with strangers can be stressful.)

magicians wax might work for cards
(December 23, 2013 at 6:46 am)là bạn điên Wrote:
(December 23, 2013 at 6:24 am)rasetsu Wrote: Eh. Don't. I live a full life and don't feel handicapped (feel). I can't do certain things that most people can. So? I can do certain things that most people can't, with my brain and my words. Do they feel sad for this lack they have? No, I don't think they do.

magicians wax might work for cards

You can get "racks" to hold cards while you're playing, but it's just one more thing I have to keep track of, so I don't.

Personally I recommend poker to anyone you can teach it to a 7 year old, and you can spend a lifetime learning the complexities. Great fun live, easy to play on line.

Poker rules!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(December 23, 2013 at 4:04 am)rasetsu Wrote: I like board games, but I lost 9 fingers in 2008, so it can be somewhat difficult for me to play many of them, especially if a lot of cards are involved, or a lot of writing.

You had 9 fingers? I only have 8...

Seriously though how do you write online? Does it just take you a while longer to type?

Board games though: I like scrabble.
(December 23, 2013 at 1:52 pm)Napoléon Wrote:

You had 9 fingers? I only have 8...

Seriously though how do you write online? Does it just take you a while longer to type?

Board games though: I like scrabble.
Ha! Clear sign of inbreeding! Is there no depravity atheists will not engage in? Wink
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any GTA V gamers here? GODZILLA 5 541 March 29, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1228 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Does anyone here have any favorite SNES games? ƵenKlassen 18 2648 November 18, 2017 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Any Mario Maker-ers Up In Here? Astonished 0 445 August 4, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Any Hearthstone players 'round here? Esquilax 35 4011 July 24, 2015 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Any armchair assassins here? (Assassin's Creed franchise thread) Regina 27 3156 June 14, 2015 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Any other modders / game devs here? Tempus 10 3975 April 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope