Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally"
RE: My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "uncondition...
(December 29, 2015 at 11:53 am)kmthang Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 11:30 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Consider yourself lucky.  You don't have to go through a divorce and lose most of your stuff.  The longer you whine about her the longer you will be unhappy.  So forget her and move on to someone better.  There are millions available.  So bury the relationship and start looking.

I can understand your advice. I am still lucky to be in this stage now than later. However, she's not one of those who knows the Bible inside out or one that goes out on missions and preach the gospel. She admits she's consider herself not a strong believer yet. That's why I want to hope that she can be one of those wives with non-believer husbands (which they exist, she and I even know a family in our community). This gives me hope. If she can be like that lady, it'll be the greatest solution for me but I need ideas how to get her to be like that.

Hey, if you really like her and you think there is hope I'd encourage you to take more chances. Don't hold back from telling her how it makes you feel when she draws back from you. Also be up front about the challenges of a relationship where religious beliefs are so different. Tell her you also would never want to be with someone who wouldn't value your wishes on account of that difference. But also tell her you would want to go on respecting her feelings even if you had kids. Most of all let her know you can understand if your lost faith is enough reason for her to want to look elsewhere. The more clearly you can say that and mean it, the more likely she is to want to find a way to make it work. But if she takes you up on it and leaves at least you have a clean break and no regrets later, right?

Messages In This Thread
RE: My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "uncondition... - by Whateverist - December 29, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1453 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 29302 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7835 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 17433 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2012 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 9928 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 23021 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31254 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1280 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sad thought about Jesus. TrueChristian 130 21988 December 25, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder