Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input/Ideas needed for Multiplayer Browser Based Game
Input/Ideas needed for Multiplayer Browser Based Game
For those who can't remember back to April last year, I'm currently writing this: https://atheistforums.org/thread-32868.html

The basic idea is you create a religion, and use various techniques / strategies to gain followers, generate money, and of course, destroy as many rival religions as you possibly can.

I've been working on and off since that thread, and I'm nearing a point where I want to start alpha testing. Most of the game mechanics are in place, however the "content" of the game is currently pretty sparse, especially in one of the core mechanics: Doctrines.

As your religion grows, you will be required to make decisions on certain doctrinal issues, which range from the very basic "How many Gods exist?" to the more complex "Does your religion support the marriage between humans and dogs?" (for example).

How you decide these issues will very much shape how your religion grows, and will also unlock other issues for you to decide. What I really need at the moment are a bunch of creative ideas for doctrine issues, along with possible positions, which is why I created this thread.

So please have a think, and post as many multiple choice issues as you can think of. You can be as sensible or as bizarre as you like, and remember that issues might only apply to certain types of religion (for instance, if you make an "atheistic" religion, no doctrines about "God" or "Gods" will ever show up, but rather there should be plenty of philosophical and ethical questions.

The positions available don't have to be simple either (although "Yes" / "No" is fine in some circumstances), so if you want to be creative with the positions as well as the issues themselves, feel free.

Anyone who contributes doctrines which make it into the game will be compensated with in-game credit when it is released, and are also welcome to join the alpha testing when that happens (hopefully soon).

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Input/Ideas needed for Multiplayer Browser Based Game - by Tiberius - February 25, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social distancing party ideas tackattack 15 1081 August 31, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  KSP multiplayer anyone? dyresand 2 817 November 29, 2015 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  [Idea] Multiplayer Browser Based Game Where You Create Your Own Religion Tiberius 52 11770 June 4, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  New ideas for a computer game? paulpablo 23 5694 June 7, 2013 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer MilesTailsPrower 21 5455 September 5, 2011 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: frankiej