Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ideas for a computer game?
New ideas for a computer game?
Have you ever had an idea for a computer game that was too advanced to actually be real?

I had one that would be like call of duty, civilization and gta combined. It would be online and there would be one league of people in the civilization game, they would be telling their army where to go and who to attack and the army would be playing the call of duty game, fighting for the people playing the civ game, also within the cities and civilizations there would be criminals and police and individuals and this would be like the GTA part of the game. They're are other options too, like within the city they're could be games of theme hospital and theme park and stuff going on.

I haven't even thought it through all the way but this is the type of geeky stuff I daydream about and how I imagine the games of the future might be.

Also I thought of begging westwood to get back together and make command and conquer but do it so all the teams can fight against each other.
Yuri, soviets, alies, GDI, NOD aswell as that new teams would be cabals cyborgs and the mutants.

If you haven't played any of the games I mentioned you probably don't even know what I'm babbling about.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: New ideas for a computer game?
I heard about a similar project that aimed for a fully realised 'universe' where the sorts of things you mentioned would freely happen. I can't for the life of me think of what it was called :/

But essentially a game where you could be part of a real functioning world would be pretty cool, a world that actually behaves dynamically in the sense that shit happens because of the people playing the game rather than the game giving you set stories or quests.

The one game I really wish that would be made though, is KotOR 3. Not a new idea I guess, but I think on next gen systems it would be the shit.
Eve and Dust (cross genre, cross platform) do something similar. In that Eve is a single server persistent world mmo - in which players can control territory and build empires, then relying on their combined efforts as ad hoc militias or organized militarys (as well as merc outfits, pirates and raisders, or spies) to protect their industrial cores (also players - and who builds all the boats and ammunition) - fueled by their science arm (reliant on both of the above groups and also upon the market) in a perpetual arms race- with the endgoal being to simply survive. The planet surfaces are a resources hotspot and those are fought over fps style by Dust players who can be either hired by eve players to secure interests...or can hire eve players to secure their independent interests - via planetary bombardment.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I don't know about a game specifically, but a couple moths ago my fiancée and I went to Disney World in Florida. I was blown away by the attention to every little detail in the park. The rides weren't just rides, they wrap you into the entire theme of the ride to make it an experience you won't forget. The people that work there are by far the most friendly and helpful employees I've ever encountered. In fact, they're not even employees they're called "cast members" and they never break character, they arrive to the park through underground tunnels to get dressed and come up to park level through hidden passage ways...anyway...it got me thinking. XBOX World! Throw the Disney theme out (keep the outrageous abundance of relatively cheap booze at every corner) and make it mostly Mature-Rated game title themed with the same theme engulfing experience! It would be so bad-ass!!
So.... you guys are thinking of something like a second-life in a computer?...
Why does that ring a bell?...
http://secondlife.com/
http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Virtual_world
I have an idea for the Wii... it would come with a bong attachment for the controller. That's all I've got so far. Tongue
Cunt
Perhaps a third life? You know brain in a vat and all that...
(May 16, 2013 at 10:21 am)paulpablo Wrote: Have you ever had an idea for a computer game that was too advanced to actually be real?

That feels like a trick question to me. It's really just a question of processing power. The newest version of Sim City would be far too advanced to be real in 1985. And it's limitations can be most easily seen in the way it handles things like jobs (which are assigned randomly with each "day" in the game) and traffic (which uses algorithms which can easily be fooled into forcing traffic through the least efficient path). But the version of Sim City released in 2025 is probably too advance to be real today.

I think that those types of simulations, where there are tremendous amounts of small interactions that can be reduced to an inefficient algorithm, are potentially the most advanced. If the game forced the computer to track every person and every job and have each individual make decisions in order to manage traffic, you're requiring some pretty massive computational power as the population/city grows. Similarly, a racing game where the physics are modeled as accurately as possible (again, with no shortcuts for efficiency) would require huge amounts of processing power.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I came up with an idea for a sex game on Wii a few years ago... it was called "Suck My Wiilly". It would be a game of tons of mini-games. You would also be required to wear a belt attachment that the Wii remote sits in so you can cock thrust. Wink

I'm full of fantastic ideas like this.
Cunt
(May 16, 2013 at 12:56 pm)frankiej Wrote: I came up with an idea for a sex game on Wii a few years ago... it was called "Suck My Wiilly". It would be a game of tons of mini-games. You would also be required to wear a belt attachment that the Wii remote sits in so you can cock thrust. Wink

I'm full of fantastic ideas like this.

You could do this sort of thing where a girl could give a guy a handjob with a robot arm over long distances, so you could give your partner a handjob over skype or something.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social distancing party ideas tackattack 15 1038 August 31, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New game released! Looks good! Fidel_Castronaut 2 305 October 27, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  New forum game: Word Mastermind Whateverist 140 7839 November 1, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Input/Ideas needed for Multiplayer Browser Based Game Tiberius 23 2843 February 28, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Parashu
  Why does Installing LoL lag my computer? Edwardo Piet 9 1126 October 30, 2015 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  New Space Game: No Man's Sky Secular Elf 10 2453 October 5, 2015 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Hundreds of classic computer games free to play at archive.org Ryantology 14 3228 January 11, 2015 at 5:35 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Rock-Paper-Scissors: You vs. the Computer Rayaan 1 1138 December 19, 2012 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Forsaken
  Fried pc, need temporary cheap computer that can run swtor on low zentor 1 1619 June 12, 2012 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: jackman