Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Students taught humans coexisted with dinosaurs
RE: Students taught humans coexisted with dinosaurs
(August 2, 2010 at 3:28 pm)Thor Wrote:
(August 1, 2010 at 8:13 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Fundamentalists for example do not care about facts nor science they take whatever the bible says literally no matter how stupid or insane it may seem. Because they base their entire belief system on faith they do not see the need to provide an explanation for contradictions in their scriptures.

Absolutely right! These twits don't just WANT their silly beliefs to be true, they NEED them to be true! It MUST be true! Consequently, they do not think rationally. They invent all kinds of looney excuses to rationalize any evidence that doesn't jive with their beliefs.

"The universe is only 10,000 years old!"

"Oh, yeah? Then how can we see light from stars that are MILLIONS of light years away?"

"Uhhhhh.... That's because God gave the light a head start so we could see it!"

How can you argue with a warped mindset like this? They ignore the evidence that is right in front of their eyes and embrace the most ridiculous and unlikely possibilities as absolute truth.

Man and dinosaurs lived together..... YEESH!

Imbeciles!

I guess that makes me one of those twits, I'm a fundie who believes the Bible is true, yet I like science.
I try to apply science to what is taught in the scriptures but some times things fall into the supernatural realm and as of now can not be explained I do have hope that science will answer some of the questions that are unanswerable at this time. This is how I see the supernatural it is science so advanced that we are not able to comprehend it. I'm not saying that this is absolute it's the way I see it.
As for the light getting a head start I think whoever told you that meant that God created the light from the stars and held it in place until He created the stars thus all stars were visible to the first peope He created. The universe is a wonderful time piece and I've never seen a time piece that was not made by someone intelligent and then set in motion. No time piece that I know of has ever fell into place and started itself. So why should the universe be any different. It has a creator and He set it in motion.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Students taught humans coexisted with dinosaurs - by Godschild - August 2, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12440 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3404 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Will Humans Have Freewill in Heaven? Rhondazvous 230 35160 July 21, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Metis
  Does God love animals more than humans? Metis 34 7151 June 26, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ken Ham Explains Dinosaurs Nope 21 5636 June 7, 2015 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Dinosaurs atheist04330 15 1851 July 24, 2014 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Dumb Fuck Creatard Insists Dinosaurs Were On the Fucking Ark Minimalist 50 19317 April 26, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  A club exists at my school for the purpose of evangelizing students Marnie 84 34523 May 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: catfish
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9496 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Archbishop of Canterbury: Children should be taught the Lord's Prayer Nine 10 6183 March 31, 2012 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris