Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New relatives from India to visit. Any advice would be much appreciated.
New relatives from India to visit. Any advice would be much appreciated.
My nephew (wife's brother's son) married a very nice India born young woman from Hyderabad.  We were invited to the wedding but begged out as I was still teaching and anal like that.  Her parents are in medicine, I believe he has or had a government position monitoring infectious diseases.  Anyhow, their daughter Lisa and Martin (the nephew) came out to visit us in the summer after their wedding so that we could show them around the state a little and celebrate their wedding.  She said her dad would love my garden and I encouraged her to encourage him to come visit.  So now he is coming this Sunday.

I've been busy the past few days sprucing up the garden.  Ostensibly they're coming for tea in the garden but they said not to go to a lot of bother as they don't eat much anyhow.  Hmm.  Code for "you probably wouldn't serve anything we'd eat" or literally what they said?  I'd like to find some things to serve with tea which might tempt them.  I just don't know what that would be.  I'll be sure to serve chai as well as black tea and we can always make them a coffee or expresso.  But what would go well with that from an Indian perspective.  

I can't think of any regular posters who have mentioned an indian connection but, if you're out there, please do give me your ideas.  Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
New relatives from India to visit. Any advice would be much appreciated. - by Whateverist - August 26, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1734 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  How much do you weigh? Foxaèr 39 2494 November 30, 2021 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano? Brian37 27 1529 October 21, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1166 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Advice about patience Macoleco 4 560 March 26, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  When your relatives worry you, part Xth. Gawdzilla Sama 8 927 February 21, 2020 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6312 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1107 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  A tale of American healthcare as told through one Doctor visit Figbash 14 1668 December 7, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 6121 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch