Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 21, 2019, 6:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You
The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You
(nod to olb for the inspiration)

For me it was, 'Cops are idiots and we're too smart to get caught.'

Boru
'A man is accepted into a church for what he believes.  He is turned out for what he knows.' - Mark Twain
RE: The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You
From my business professor in college

"Don't invest in Amazon. It's going to be a failed business because the cost of shipping is going to be too high for them to make a profit."
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
"You should meet her, she's very nice."
“You should cut back on your drinking.”
There's no light in the tunnel, no irons in the fire;
Come on up to the house.
And your singing lead soprano in a junkman's choir;
You got to come on up to the house.

The world is not my home; I’m just a-passin’ through.
You gotta come on up to the house.

~ Tom Waits
"Try Tunisia for a holiday, it's really nice."
(April 14, 2019 at 1:17 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: "Try Tunisia for a holiday, it's really nice."

I had a buddy who described Tunis as - " a ciity they built in the 1950' s, and they haven' t gotten rid of the garbage or swept the streets since..."
(April 14, 2019 at 1:23 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 1:17 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: "Try Tunisia for a holiday, it's really nice."

I had a buddy who described Tunis as - " a ciity they built in the 1950' s, and they haven' t gotten rid of the garbage or swept the streets since..."

That's pretty close to what I experienced, and I've stayed in some dumps in my time. (I've been to Pontins)
(April 14, 2019 at 1:32 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 1:23 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I had a buddy who described Tunis as - " a ciity they built in the 1950' s, and they haven' t gotten rid of the garbage or swept the streets since..."

That's pretty close to what I experienced, and I've stayed in some dumps in my time. (I've been to Pontins)

Tourist or SD " student visa"?
(April 14, 2019 at 1:35 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 1:32 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: That's pretty close to what I experienced, and I've stayed in some dumps in my time. (I've been to Pontins)

Tourist or SD " student visa"?

Tourist, we are going back a few years. It was before the shootings on the beach. We stayed in Sousse.
(April 14, 2019 at 1:37 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 1:35 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Tourist or SD " student visa"?

Tourist, we are going back a few years. It was before the shootings on the beach. We stayed in Sousse.

You gotta be an adventurous guy.... Not too many people find the south side of the Med as a tourist destination....

Egypt would have been a great place to see, a long time ago - but these days a bit dicey.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 613 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Can Someone Explain This To Me? Jade-Green Stone 16 272 November 28, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 264 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  My cat is the worst thing ever! Kit 14 1037 April 24, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  You can clone someone... The Valkyrie 34 1109 April 5, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ever feel like you don't belong in this world? Kit 44 1867 April 3, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Worst Love Songs wyzas 2 202 January 21, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: IWNKYAAIMI
  Last Minute Gift Advice Neo-Scholastic 28 1459 December 27, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  When someone knocks on your front door when you're not expecting anyone. Edwardo Piet 60 2582 December 13, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Do you guys ever wonder about..tge devil? ErGingerbreadMandude 67 2141 December 13, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Fireball