Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car enthusiast or love cars and fixing them this game is for you.
RE: Car enthusiast or love cars and fixing them this game is for you.
(November 2, 2016 at 7:09 pm)abaris Wrote: You know, if I played a game on building a car, better make it a real one. My father was a trained mechanic since 1940 and he let me in on the secrets of his trade. Back in the 80ies when I drove cars from the 60ies and early 70ies I knew all about taking them apart and putting them together again. Given half a chance, I would still drive a car from the 70ies, but today they're luxury products by now. As opposed to the 80ies when you got them for an apple and an egg. I hate todays cars where you have to be a computer expert with the right equipment to keep them going.

I love spinning wrenches, and have done light-to-moderate work on all my vehicles. My favorites were the two early-70s Toyotas I've owned. Simple iron engines, no computers -- even at (at the time) an ignorant kid, I could open the hood and spot the problem pretty fast. I never took apart an engine, but replaced/repaired just about everything above the valves, and that has gotten me home on a couple of occasions (in other vehicles -- those two Toyotas never left me stranded) when all I had was a simple toolkit and a pair of Mark I eyeballs. Computerized engines suck, from that angle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Car enthusiast or love cars and fixing them this game is for you. - by Thumpalumpacus - November 3, 2016 at 4:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "Love It" or "List It" Forum Game Foxaèr 9 1675 October 4, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What is the weirdest video game you've ever played? Edwardo Piet 23 2842 February 23, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Athene
  The "Have you played [...]?" game Edwardo Piet 16 2249 December 3, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Would love to game with some of you:) Edwardo Piet 11 2224 July 10, 2015 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  [Idea] Multiplayer Browser Based Game Where You Create Your Own Religion Tiberius 52 11710 June 4, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
Question What Do You Want to See in a Game? Walking Void 10 2851 October 30, 2013 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What game/s are you playing right now? Adjusted Sanity 44 17233 April 19, 2012 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet