Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist struggling to answer a question i often propose to myself
Atheist struggling to answer a question i often propose to myself
i'm wondering if you can help me im an atheist but am struggling to answer a question i often propose to myself it goes something like this.....

If you see an ant crawling across the ground, to the ant, you are his god that could wipe him out at time, he has no intelligence of you or that you exist, for the ant he is as intelligent as he is going to get, and can't even comprehend we exist.

So could we be in the same position as the ant? as far as we can see humans right now are as intelligent as we can get, but growing up we do not have the intelligence capacity to comprehend our surrounding. As children, take a 1 year old or any age under 3-4 we are also at that point, (The same as the ant) as intelligent at THAT time as we are going to get and cannot comprehend to world around us intelligently.

So just the same as the ant, adults at our height point of intelligence, to the toddler we are the Gods. What if we, right NOW are at this point in time, at our current level of intelligence are in the same position as the Ant and Toddler? Could there be an unknown Force, Entity, that just the same as we are unknown to the ant and the toddler to his or her world, that is looking at us as we look at the ant?

As its happening right now to the ant and toddler, this is proof it can, and is happening, It doesn't seem that extraordinary somthing is looknig at us in the same way,

Would love to hear what you think,

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Atheist struggling to answer a question i often propose to myself - by budsa11 - August 24, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] When God isn't the answer to the question, then what is? Catharsis 55 6879 May 31, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: SlowCalculations
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11946 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  A Question of Dropped Pennies: How Might an Atheist Respond? Rhondazvous 33 9402 July 5, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  This is strange. Explaining stuff to myself. purplepurpose 26 7268 December 16, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  atheist math question loganonekenobi 16 3524 April 11, 2016 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Still struggling. Socratic Meth Head 436 28970 March 18, 2016 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Question for Atheists: Is coming out as an atheist as hard as coming out as gay? Blackrook 46 11948 May 2, 2015 at 2:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Answers in Genesis? I want an answer for this! Mental Outlaw 41 10623 February 9, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  i have a question [Atheist only] dyresand 19 6641 November 20, 2014 at 1:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  When faith tries to answer a simple question. dyresand 27 7234 November 16, 2014 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: dyresand