Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeds: Rebellion against the clergy - part 1.
RE: Seeds: Rebellion against the clergy - part 1.
(October 9, 2017 at 8:54 am)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 9, 2017 at 8:54 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I don't worship anything mate.

Then you value nothing.

Your opinion doesn't make something fact. Worship and value are not mutually exclusive to one another. I don't understand why you continually fail to see this. 

It's just like your god. It isn't necessary to have any sort of god in one's life to value things like family, a job, a roof over one's head, clothes on one's back and food in one's mouth. 

These are all values that I teach my kids to appreciate because not everyone has a job. Not everyone has a roof over their head. People struggle to put food on the table. If I teach my kids that these things have value, then the take away is that they will appreciate them more. Worship has nothing to do with that.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeds: Rebellion against the clergy - part 1. - by Joods - October 10, 2017 at 5:35 am
RE: Seeds: Rebellion against the clergy - part 1. - by Alisa - October 9, 2017 at 12:29 pm
RE: Seeds: Rebellion against the clergy - part 1. - by Joods - October 10, 2017 at 6:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3121 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2147 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4812 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part II WinterHold 38 2738 December 21, 2021 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Part of the Ummah and serve alcohol during Ramadan? We kill you! ReptilianPeon 1 1092 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd