Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hubble's Law in the Quran long before Hubble's own discovery
RE: Hubble's Law in the Quran long before Hubble's own discovery
(January 5, 2018 at 6:35 am)Grandizer Wrote:
(January 5, 2018 at 6:22 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: 1) I believe that all of outer space is just one heaven; AKA the lowest heaven:

We inhabit the lowest of the skies.

2-God is everywhere.

His hands are literally a metaphor. If he is everywhere, then  what is he? a force? a material? I don't know.
There is this interesting verse, though:

3-Yes. Life is a beautiful thing, but in general, but this life is so ugly, full of death and misery, it's a test that's why. There is another universe coming. Some theists call it the afterlife, science even predicted it in some theories about parallel universes, and the Quran promised it will come:

In the verse, the word is "expand"=موسع
Expanding is not "stretching"=شد

In other words; you can say in Arabic:
البنطلون مشدود
The pants are stretched

But it will mean something totally different if you used "expand":
البنطلون موسع
The pants are expanded

Actually; if I go to a clothe shop and I want to "tighten my pants" I will never use the word "expand".
Heavens are expanding. Not shrinking. That's why theories like "The Big Freeze" are there.

To be precise, it means widened AFAIK. Wase3 = wide. I know Arabic, too. At least today's Arabic, and not the archaic Quranic Arabic.

Still, you didn't really address what I said in previous post. It doesn't matter if it's "stretched" or "widened", there's no miracle in there.

I took my language from Wahhabi schools (SA), there were subjects for the classical Quran Arabic "Fos7a"; Arabic Grammar "نحو وقواعد"  and "tafseer" Smile
Sad days TBH. Ekte2ab. Where are you from, Grendizar? and I can detect the iconic anime name in your username Big Grin.. هيا طر يا جرندايزر

:p

The source is "wide".
The verb is "expand". To "make something wider", you "expand it". The act of "expansion" is different from the

(January 5, 2018 at 6:43 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Atlas, can I come to your mosque and preach sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Treat it as you will treat any other spot: does it have rules that allow for sex and drugs kind of speech?
Since schools have rules that porhibit such behavior (and speaking about sex in an elementary school for example can send you behind bars for a very long time), there are tight rules sorrounding different places everywhere. So mosques are the same.

Though; it's totally allowed for people to build a rock and roll stage in the shape of a mosque. But I will not go there, Muslims must also not go there, and the invisible God we worship as Muslims would judge the people who built the rock and roll mosque.

Just like in the time of Mohammed peace be upon him:

Quote:Sura 9, The Quran:
( 107 )   And those who took for themselves a mosque for causing harm and disbelief and division among the believers and as a station for whoever had warred against Allah and His Messenger before. And they will surely swear, "We intended only the best." And Allah testifies that indeed they are liars.
( 108 )   Do not stand [for prayer] within it - ever. A mosque founded on righteousness from the first day is more worthy for you to stand in. Within it are men who love to purify themselves; and Allah loves those who purify themselves.
( 109 )   Then is one who laid the foundation of his building on righteousness [with fear] from Allah and [seeking] His approval better or one who laid the foundation of his building on the edge of a bank about to collapse, so it collapsed with him into the fire of Hell? And Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people.
( 110 )   Their building which they built will not cease to be a [cause of] skepticism in their hearts until their hearts are stopped. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

I will do what God told Mohammed to do: I will not pray ever in such a mosque.
But my own mosque has rules, that you should respect just like you would respect any rules in other buildings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hubble's Law in the Quran long before Hubble's own discovery - by WinterHold - January 5, 2018 at 7:17 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 84 2778 Yesterday at 5:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4556 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8654 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  God's law or private law? Leonardo17 76 6685 January 19, 2023 at 3:32 pm
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20568 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1284 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4401 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2905 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48882 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12363 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda