Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having such a hard time in High School right now
Having such a hard time in High School right now
I'm a male Freshmen in High School having a really hard time with making friendships.  I've always had a hard time connecting and opening up with people and being plain lonely but its been getting really bad this year.

I live in a Suburb in Grand Rapids, Michigan and also happen to be Gay and an atheist. and I hate it. I hate how people treat me. It's not just because I'm an Atheist or Gay, it's me. They treat me like crap for no reason. I've been spit on in a crowded area in the school just for laughs, I've been taunted at, I take choir and all the boys in my section sit away from me because they don't like me leaving me to sit in my own row, Boys will falsely report me for sexual harassment to the administration for the fun of it, I sit all alone at a lunch table table during lunch, a group of students during PE class will target me and throw dodge balls at me as hard as they can, locker rooms are a horror story, I can't even change in one without being harassed that I'm looking at boys in it. AND I JUST take it all. It's just so humiliating to be treated like this and not do anything. Sometimes it makes me just wanna climb onto my bed and cry for a few hours.

I'm not a horrible person, I get good grades, but i can never maintain a good friendship for long. The area i live around 75% of students go to Church, which is absolutely fine with me, but does result in a culture clash in between me and the majority of the students in my school. I also am not interested at all in dating, which is again absolutely fine if they're doing it, but i just believe the chance of meeting someone i want to spend the rest of my life with and meeting them in high school is so slim.

Messages In This Thread
Having such a hard time in High School right now - by Distheist - March 23, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2102 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The hard questions. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1218 January 5, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Having, collecting and hoarding onlinebiker 67 3494 April 13, 2020 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 1878 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2159 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1678 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1549 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 64335 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1437 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda