Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The system of educaction has to be changed
The system of educaction has to be changed
As a university student I have been thinking that it is necessary to change the education system. For the sake of the quality of life and the progress of humanity.

I study electrical engineering, and I am forced to take so many classes that I dislike. This means I have to spend time studying something I dislike, instead of spending time on something I like. This not only would benefit me, but society as a whole since it can use whatever I create or develope. 

The way the system is created, "step by step", means that you need to do a lot of undesired things to move on to the next step. For example, I want to study bioengineering, which is the reason I study electrical engineering. But I need to get the degree first, and for this I must take classes I dislike. Besides this, the system punishes me if my performance is low. Meaning that my chances to study bioengineering diminish, since the only way I can do it is by getting a scholarship (My country does not have this speciality and I dont have the money to study abroad by myself). This means I have to push through hell to finally study what I want. And this benefits no one (except transnational companies such as Intel, or HP who would benefit from a 3rd world engineer who will work for less money compared to a USA engineer) . 

Now, I believe that a system is required. Basic mathematics should be taught regardless of what you want to study. Same with any other discipline such as physics, etc. But there should be a breaking point in which you have more freedom. For example, you dont want to study calculus in several variables just yet. When you finally hit a wall and need to understand it, you should have several paths: 1. Study by yourself with books. We should teach people to study by themselves and stop depending on teachers. 2. Learn from friends. 3. Take a class at university with a teacher.

At the end of the day, even if you take a class about X topic, when you finally need it, you will have to repass it again. So I see no point on forcing us through this bullshit system. Who benefits from this..?

Messages In This Thread
The system of educaction has to be changed - by Macoleco - May 18, 2018 at 3:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US National Alert System, aka Satan's Whistle. Gawdzilla Sama 10 715 October 5, 2023 at 1:07 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Boru changed colors on us! arewethereyet 28 1568 November 1, 2020 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1275 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Alignment System. Where would you place yorusef? Catholic_Lady 92 10512 March 2, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Unless she changed her username... Foxaèr 7 932 March 1, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Losty
  My smartphone has changed my life. Jehanne 28 2259 February 17, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Imperial system and USA rado84 20 3636 August 28, 2016 at 6:27 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  evolution as changed in the last 100 years justin65 39 5444 October 11, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Which operating system do you prefer? rado84 48 8246 July 25, 2015 at 3:20 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Worlds biggest scam ie the banking system Gooders1002 10 2886 June 21, 2014 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: ShaMan