Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My smartphone has changed my life.
My smartphone has changed my life.
For the better!  I just got my very first smartphone in December:

[Image: medium01.jpg]

It's not even a high-end phone, but it is simply amazing.  It's almost like a Borg implant.  I use it to post on this forum, connect to my home computer and security camera, check the weather, email, and texts, and the camera, although not perfect, is pretty decent.  And, above all, there are almost an endless opportunities to read (even at work while on the toilet), something that I love to do!

It's like I have entered into another universe!  Can't imagine getting an expensive one (although, that would be nice), because I am afraid that I would drop the thing in the toilet, accidentally step on it, etc., and at $700 to $800, it's just too much of a risk.
RE: My smartphone has changed my life.
LG phones rock! I’m on my second one now. Enjoy Smile
It looks similar to my LG Tracfone. Yes a Tracfone. I'm poor-ish lol
Cool cool cool my current phone is probably my fourth.i like pretty looking phones like the lumia 830, Xperia z2..I'm so much a sucker for their looks that I don't put any screen protection or body case because it'll ruin the phone look wise.that was my mistake. I already broke the display of my new phone and got it replaced just some months ago. So please! Buy a screen protector (not the filmsy type) get a proper glass type, and after that get a hard case to protect the phone body. You won't regret it!
(February 11, 2018 at 10:58 am)pool the matey Wrote: Cool cool cool my current phone is probably my fourth.i like pretty looking phones like the lumia 810, Xperia z2..I'm so much a sucker for their looks that I don't put any screen protection or body case because it'll ruin the phone look wise.that was my mistake. I already broke the display of my new phone and got it replaced just some months ago. So please! Buy a screen protector (not the filmsy type) get a proper glass type, and after that get a hard case to protect the phone body. You won't regret it!

I get lovely leather cases for my phones, they are generally really cheap and have helped my phones survive my clumsy nature.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I love the ability to add a larger SD card. I could take off the back of my older LG and change the battery.
[Image: Screenshot_2018_02_11_09_08_56.png]

image hosting for websites
(February 11, 2018 at 11:04 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(February 11, 2018 at 10:58 am)pool the matey Wrote: Cool cool cool my current phone is probably my fourth.i like pretty looking phones like the lumia 810, Xperia z2..I'm so much a sucker for their looks that I don't put any screen protection or body case because it'll ruin the phone look wise.that was my mistake. I already broke the display of my new phone and got it replaced just some months ago. So please! Buy a screen protector (not the filmsy type) get a proper glass type, and after that get a hard case to protect the phone body. You won't regret it!

I get lovely leather cases for my phones, they are generally really cheap and have helped my phones survive my clumsy nature.

Oh leather cases are fine but if you're extra clumsy like me what you really need is a hard case .

[Image: Screenshot_20180211-215628_3.png]

Yep. It does make your phone look big, clunky and ugly BUT it's got good grip, it keeps the phone extra safe -
even if you drop it face first.
Plus it's got a little stand you can use when you're watching videos or whatnot

[Image: Screenshot_20180211-215633_3.png]

Also, get a screen card for your phone. It'll protect your display from scratches. The guy that I went to buy this hard case from told me his boss bought the same hard case and a screen card so when he dropped his phone (face first!!) the only damage was done to the screen card because if you have a hard case as well as a screen card it's double the protection
@OP, congrats on not biting into the stupid i-devices craze! The phone looks cool, mind sharing the specs?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Ah.... the first smartphone... I remember mine, it was way back in December (too?) of 2010. Also an LG... hmmm Did I time travel to the future to share this with AF?

Anyway, it was the second android from LG... I was going to get their first one, but then this one came along and it was just better all over... the LG Optimus One:

Then I kept on LG, but this time I hit a dud... the LG L5 II - it was the best thing I could get for the price, but some features were just appalling, namely the GPS performance.

After enduring this one for 2 years, I started hunting for a decent one, while not being too pricey. Enter the Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime.
It did almost everything right... almost... but the lowish ROM and low spec processor eventually made me want something more
I still use it as a backup, though...

My first couple of phones were LGs. I liked them, other than the spotty radio/GPS performance.

My last three have been the

LG G2:

The Google Nexus 6P:

And my current phone, the Google Pixel XL:

By far the best phone I ever had was the Nexus 6P. What a phone. I like my Pixel XL for the better performance and the 128GB of internal memory. (And the fact that it was a free warranty upgrade from my 6P getting bricked by an update.) But it's a tad smaller than the 6P, and the 6P was prettier IMO.

As much a part of my daily experience as a phone is, I see zero issue with spending $700-$1000 every two years if I can afford it. I have never lost a phone or broken it from dropping it. Never even cracked a screen.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boru changed colors on us! arewethereyet 28 1528 November 1, 2020 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1264 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The system of educaction has to be changed Macoleco 31 2625 May 19, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Unless she changed her username... Foxaèr 7 913 March 1, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Losty
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 9 2093 April 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  evolution as changed in the last 100 years justin65 39 5370 October 11, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  How a Broken Sink changed a life BlackSwordsman 4 778 June 16, 2014 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  If you changed your name BrokenQuill92 40 5857 January 31, 2014 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Changed my username Foxaèr 21 3876 November 3, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy