Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Attended a Wedding While Also in the Wilderness
Jesus Attended a Wedding While Also in the Wilderness
Another great example of the Lord being two places at once! 

Mark 1:9-13

Quote:And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
...And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

"Immediately" after the baptism, Jesus goes into the wilderness for 40 days. 

John 1:29 to 2:2

Quote:The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world...
Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;...
The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me...
And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

Day 1: Baptism (sort of)
Day 2: Gather disciples.
Day 3: Attend wedding and make wine. 

All while spending 40 days in the Wilderness.

He's everywhere.

Checkmate, atheists.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink

Messages In This Thread
Jesus Attended a Wedding While Also in the Wilderness - by YahwehIsTheWay - November 27, 2018 at 5:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website? Whateverist 16 3051 March 2, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Nuda900
  An Old Idea I Had About The (Hebrew) Word "Adam" (relates to Quran also) ReptilianPeon 1 1454 February 5, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Where is heaven located? Also, why does God care about homo sapiens? MentalGiant 61 14675 September 19, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  While Looking For Something Else Minimalist 18 5290 February 5, 2012 at 3:08 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Jesus is trying to tell me something; what is it Jesus? TruthWorthy 32 13203 February 5, 2010 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Dotard