Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Old Idea I Had About The (Hebrew) Word "Adam" (relates to Quran also)
An Old Idea I Had About The (Hebrew) Word "Adam" (relates to Quran also)
As this topic relates to both the Bible and the Quran (and indeed any religion that calls itself Abrahamic*), I decided that it didn't it didn't fit into any specific religion section.

*Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Samaritanism, Christianity, Muhammadan, Druze, Mormon, Bahai, Rastafari and maybe Yazidi and Sabian too.

Anyway, this was something I posted before on a website known as the religiousforum, well over a year ago. Religiousforums is a website I was briefly active on before I joined this website. I no longer contribute there. I was accused of having an "agenda" by this Jewish person and I then subsequently decided to leave the website.

The idea was based on a curious video I saw by a Swiss university lecturer. My intention was simply to probe the question:
When Did People First Start Referring To Adam (in the Genesis creation account) as an individual?

In short, I wanted to explore the apparent change in the interpretation of the narrative provided the Genesis account of creation in the Bible. And how the change from seeing "Adam" as a common noun to a proper noun may have impacted the author(s) of the Quran. My theory is that the author(s) of the Quran were copying incorrect information from the Jews and Christians of the time, because as we know, genetic tells us humans did not all come from two individuals.

Read the original topic (on the other website), or read my ideas below. I shall now quote my post from the other website:

I then went on a silly tangent about the motivations behind Allah allowing the Bible to become corrupted:

Why might the Bible have been changed?

Congratulations if you got through all that! I hope I haven't wasted my time...

RE: An Old Idea I Had About The (Hebrew) Word "Adam" (relates to Quran also)
In the biblical fairy tale Adam & Eve lived without any religion and without any real rules. They were free to do as they pleased. Cain even killed Abel without suffering any real consequences. It was only after they became city builders that they got organized religion and religious rituals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Henotheism in the Hebrew Bible. Jehanne 113 14058 December 23, 2022 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Jesus had no parents Ferrocyanide 21 2072 October 7, 2021 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  So Noah had crab lice Fake Messiah 0 529 July 18, 2021 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The brazen bull in the Quran? WinterHold 37 4756 March 7, 2020 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Jesus Attended a Wedding While Also in the Wilderness YahwehIsTheWay 15 1967 November 30, 2018 at 8:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 2852 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3255 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2458 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Delicious tasty word Salad. Mystic 41 7086 January 27, 2018 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  If atheists had a nickle ............. Brian37 11 2403 December 17, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician