Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is worse, lying when you have to justify your action or not giving any answer?
RE: What is worse, lying when you have to justify your action or not giving any answer?
(March 18, 2019 at 7:51 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:Being very practical, it's perfectly OK in Islam to lie outright and even to deny your faith to preserve life. Christian are expected to become martyrs.

To be fair, Christians are permitted to lie for the greater glory of God. Romans 3:7.

Boru

No that's not what that means in context at all Boru. You cited a specific question " But if by my lie God’s truth is amplified to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? " Which is followed by an answer "8 And why not say, just as some people slanderously claim we say, “Let us do what is evil so that good may come”? Their condemnation is deserved!" The general topic of the chapter is we're all sinners even if God uses our lies for His glory.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is worse, lying when you have to justify your action or not giving any answer? - by tackattack - March 18, 2019 at 10:03 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up on romance FollowingFeynman89 4 407 July 23, 2023 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Giving up the fight zwanzig 16 1051 February 18, 2022 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: zwanzig
  Getting to know you - do you have kids, etc. arewethereyet 39 2768 September 28, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Is it possible for someone to have a plan and not have one at the same time? Der/die AtheistIn 9 1022 March 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Giving Each Other Pleasure chimp3 21 3331 June 4, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: paulpablo