Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 9:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder
(March 12, 2020 at 3:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What a typically desperate exegesis.

Boru

Isn't that the way most people fight, until they are left in peace?

(March 12, 2020 at 3:47 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Let's just imagine that there's some recalcitrant asshole...call him "The Grand Nudger".  Lets just say for the sake of conversation that he will continue to transgress...and will never cease.  

Your instructions...from magic book.....not hadiths, are clear, right?

It seems pretty clear from context that what you are expected to cease is violence. It doesn't seem to say 'kill them until they stop criticizing Muslim beliefs'.

You seem to be going with the least charitable interpretation of the verses possible. Granted, Allah via Gabriel via Muhammed should be able to be crystal clear; but since we're left trying to parse the thing, there are much more problematic suras than these.

(March 12, 2020 at 4:03 pm)WinterHold Wrote: No. As I posted to The Grand Nudger, an eye is for an eye; I fight you when you come to my backyard carrying a rifle or a gun; looking to fight me.

'An eye for an eye' is from the Jewish Law of Talion: if you cost someone their eye, you are literally supposed to have your own eye gouged out as a punishment for your crime. It's not a guide to self defense.

(March 12, 2020 at 4:34 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(March 12, 2020 at 4:15 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Oh I know right?  Eye for an eye.  Like..how..if I say that you're an ignorant barbarian who views his entire life through the prism of superstition - you'll wage war against me until I pay a tax or die - upon which time allah will pour molten lead up my anus.

Go fuck yourself Atlas.

No, you called me "a barbarian"; so now I'll apply the "eye for an eye" verse on you and call you an insult similar to barbarian....ummm neanderthal ?

Hey; neanderthal ! move it !!

But if you come attacking me with a bat, expect me to wield one back at you.
Keep it to insults; I'll keep it to insults too ! level it up; and I'll level it up.

eye for an eye. Fair and equal.

As of assuming that I will terrorize you, I say clear your chest a little, I just provided you with my personal constitution. and it says eye for an eye, not eye for a nuclear bomb

The Jews eventually gave up the Law of Talion as the barbarity it was; Isa's example to the Christians was to forgive those who wrong you (not that Christians have a good track record AT ALL of following that example). Trading insults gets us nowhere.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder - by Mister Agenda - March 13, 2020 at 12:10 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4931 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2970 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1564 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4426 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3231 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2227 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2179 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1401 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4550 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 5052 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford