Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you used "social distancing concerns" as an excuse to avoid social events?
Have you used "social distancing concerns" as an excuse to avoid social events?
I have - once thus far...really there was only "extreme paranoia" level concerns which I disingenuously exaggerated in order to avoid a social event I didn't fancy. I have now identified an in-law who's just, very clearly, done the same. Is this practice very widespread I wonder...

"Why don't you come visit for the day, grandma would love to see you and we could view the slides of our holiday in Blackpool."

"Oh, I'd love to, but my friend's friend who I play chess with tested positive for COVID so I really can't risk being anywhere near a senior citizen."

"Oh of course, how gallant and responsible of you - some other time then." 

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

ETA: probably shoulda put this in the "Humour" subforum - fell free to move it mods if you can be bothered.

Messages In This Thread
Have you used "social distancing concerns" as an excuse to avoid social events? - by Duty - September 16, 2020 at 7:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Be Aware On Celebrity social media pages. Brian37 12 514 March 18, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Is the world supply of bagels a good social measurement of sexual abuse worldwide or BananaFlambe 11 1092 December 4, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Getting to know you - do you have kids, etc. arewethereyet 39 2818 September 28, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Is it possible for someone to have a plan and not have one at the same time? Der/die AtheistIn 9 1043 March 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Your landmark events. Gawdzilla Sama 22 1332 September 16, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13