Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 3:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom error message for stack overflow in C++
RE: Custom error message for stack overflow in C++
Spongebob Wrote:I don't know what your skillset it is regarding HTML markup
Well, I do not know a lot about HTML either. I do know the basics, but not nuts and bolts. Similar to how much I know CSS. I think I know JavaScript quite a bit better, but I do not know the details that are required to get a job.
Spongebob Wrote:In fact, that's a common hallmark of pseudoscience, someone promoting themselves as an absolute authority and slamming everyone else as a deceiver.
I think the vast majority of people consider people I mention as deceiver as real deceivers, or at the very least misled people. The vast majority of people think anti-vaxxers, as well as people who are denying saturated fat causes heart disease and people who are denying sugar causes type-2-diabetes, to be very misled at best. Most people also consider Flat-Earthers to be insane or not serious. Conspiracy theorists as well are not well-regarded.
OK, I suppose most people would consider Murray Rothbard to be a pseudoscientist rather than a good social scientist, but I didn't imply his social science theories were true, I just implied his idea that government collecting useless statistics causes many pseudosciences may be true.
Spongebob Wrote:I suppose the obvious suggestions would be to take a creative writing class
What is that? Never heard of that.
Spongebob Wrote:study really good writers
Like whom?
Spongebob Wrote:read tons of books on the subject
Well, that would be a lot of effort. Anyway, which would you recommend me? I have this perception that the study of what constitutes a good writing is full of pseudoscience, but I could be wrong.
Spongebob Wrote:I don't know where you got this idea but something about it is not quite right.
It is demostrably right. Computers can generate tweets about global warming denial that many people would claim are plausible.
Spongebob Wrote:Capitalism
What do you mean?
Spongebob Wrote:poor education
Arguably so, however, more education of poor quality may be counter-productive. Like I have said on my Libertarianism page:
https://flatassembler.github.io/libertarianism Wrote:And I think people making such arguments shows the failure (or success, if the real purpose of our education system is actually indoctrination) of our education system. It is easy to make people fight a hypothetical-at-best danger that is tribal warfare with governments if they do not see the real danger that are genocidal or vastly incompetent but intrusive governments. People saying stuff like that are probably thinking "Well, it is better to risk having a Holocaust once in a century than to risk having tribal warfare every day.", not realizing Holocaust was not the only major government-made tragedy of the 20th century, or even the biggest one. And people say stuff like that not only about politics.
Spongebob Wrote:politics
Arguably so, and I mentioned that multiple times.
Spongebob Wrote:but because many people distrust the government
Rightly so. Governments have a horrible track record of spreading pseudo-science.
Spongebob Wrote:And many scientific dead ends are also taught.
Like? I do not remember any scientific dead ends being taught at school.
Spongebob Wrote:we are all part of an elaborate simulation in that computer
That is not at all what Digital Physics is about. It is more like rejection of metaphysics. And an attempt to deal with Zeno's paradoxes.
https://flatassembler.github.io/Simulation.html Wrote:Digital physics doesn't suppose it's likely that our universe is simulated by some giant computer in some alien civilization, it simply supposes that the fundamental laws of nature are such that they could, in principle, be simulated by an enough-powerful computer. A perhaps better summary would be that the universe itself is a giant computer (not a "computer simulation").
Spongebob Wrote:libertarian
https://flatassembler.github.io/Simulation Wrote:Free will is entirely explicable using the computational complexity. Every system with enough computational complexity can be said to have free will. And since free will is so-to-say an illusion, laws make little sense, and punishing people who break the law with prisons makes even less sense. Which is one reason why I am a libertarian.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom error message for stack overflow in C++ - by FlatAssembler - September 19, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the most absurd error message a program you have made was outputting? FlatAssembler 38 3928 June 14, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Error 502 bad gateway for Rational Responders Brian37 13 1341 April 23, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Do I Send an SMS message From UK mobile to a US one ReptilianPeon 11 1812 July 9, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  HELPPPPP Blue screen error just now!!! Edwardo Piet 114 10337 November 10, 2015 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Disk read error. Creed of Heresy 12 4061 July 27, 2012 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Video Error: Grey circle with a white exclaimation mark inside. Reforged 5 3765 July 5, 2012 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Reforged