Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please do correct me if I am getting this wrong.
Please do correct me if I am getting this wrong.
For example I am certain that there is a different molecular arrangement between non life carbon based structures, and the extremely dynamic flexible amino acids that make up carbon based life. That part I am certain I am getting correct.

And also, the elements can also have each, several isotopes depending on the element. I am also certain I am correct about that.

But here IS where I am confused. Somebody pointed out to me isotopes do not matter but it is the volume of carbon. This is confusing to me and I want to get that part right so I am not being inaccurate so some stupid fundy can say, "You got that wrong, so my flood mythology is correct".

If I am misunderstanding isotopes please correct me.

For example and unfortunately this is a true story. There is an inside joke between biochemists playing of the scientific chemical formula for H20 which is chemically called dihydrogen monoxide. Some stupid idiots took that seriously and wanted to ban dihydrogen monoxide because they didn't understand it was the chemical name for WATER. All they saw was "monoxide" and freaked out and wanted that dangerous monoxide out of there water supply. 

So I really do not mind being corrected about isotopes, I simply want to understand the distinction. And please dumb it down for me. I cant do the chemical formulas, but I can understand overall concepts. Just like I cannot build a car from scratch by myself, but I do understand the principle of how a combustion engine works.

Messages In This Thread
Please do correct me if I am getting this wrong. - by Brian37 - July 8, 2022 at 4:34 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Hubble can it wrong? little_monkey 24 3780 November 4, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  Not sure if this is the correct folder.. lifesagift 14 1990 October 11, 2014 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: lifesagift
  God vs Big Bang- Are either correct? sswhateverlove 132 21447 September 15, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Was Newton wrong? little_monkey 7 2544 May 31, 2013 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Colanth
  Galileo was wrong, the Church was right Entropist 27 10753 September 18, 2010 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Zen Badger