Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority
LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority
There is this very interesting article in the new that I have read today:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-anti-l...24412.html

It’s about some of the “Pious” people of Istanbul who are gathering in front of the Statue of the Ottoman Ruler Fatih Sultan Mehmet (1432-1481) wearing caps with Turkish flags on it or holding Turkish flags in their hands and claiming that LGBTQ people are corrupting Turkish society and using their democratic right of demonstration (?) for that.

1) I already said in another post that political Islamist betrayed the Independence movement that lead to the foundation of the modern Turkish in 1923 and have collaborated with imperialistic Greek and British armies against the armies of the republic of Turkey. I also said that religious sects and Islamic fundamentalist movements have constantly created trouble and disorder within the Ottoman empire until the declaration of the Turkish Republic in April 23 1923. So if the statue of the ottoman Sultan in front of which they have been demonstrating was to come alive, the first thing he would do would be the chop their heads off.

2) LGBTQ people exist. I personally am not homosexual or anything of that sort. I am also a person who has religious beliefs, so I don’t deny the teachings of religion either.
The issue is this: These people exist. You may not like them, you may find it inappropriate, against nature or, against religious teachings (to which I don’t agree), but they are there, and they are among us. They could be working in the supermarket to which you are going. They could be your dentist, they could be your teachers, your waiters anyone. Also In historical accounts from the 1700’s and so there are many sources who mention these people and we are seeing that homosexuality emerges as a visible phenomenon even in the Renaissance Era and before that. There are accounts of Ottoman Sultans being bisexual and there are accounts of “Boys” or in Greek “Paida” being offered as gift to serve the sexual needs of the people to whom they have been offered.
   And today, we know these people They are our friends, colleagues, neighbors, relatives, anything. And these people have rights and the must have their rights, and they have the right to defend their rights. And they have the right to create a debate and to claim their rights such as same sex marriage.
   I am not going to debate these issues here. But there is nothing un-Islamic in saying that these people should have rights and that their rights should be protected. Saying that LGBTQ movements are corrupting society has more to do with fascism than it has to do with Islam.

/Before anybody asks the question I will reply immediately: There are some verses in the Kuran that refer to the inhabitants of the city of Sodom and say that there will be a punishment for them. So we may say that İslam (just like must other religions) does not have an entirely positive approach on the subject. But this doesn’t mean that these people cannot have rights and that they cannot defend and fight or expand these rights.
So once again: we see that dogmatic and highly traditional religious approaches are completely unfit for the needs of our modern, industrialized, urbanized and increasingly cosmopolitan societies.

3) There are times when I read news about people attacking the very physical integrity of these persons for no apparent reason. See: A God-fearing person wouldn’t do that. "Having a 'Fear of God' in you" means that you are a person who knows that there will be consequences for your action in this world even if you are not punished by the laws of a corrupts government. It means that you are not allowed to harm another person, or another living being simply because you can or because you believe you have right or the “religious duty” to do it. To speak openly, I was told that what we call “the wrath of God” will be upon a person who decides to harm (in any way) another person because of his/her own lack of tolerance and dogmatism.
Beside this, on the issue of the “wrath of God”. In my readings have discovered that this “consequence of deliberate actions” is also a reality for groups of people and societies. So a government, or a formation that calls itself a “government” can not freely kill its own young women and oppress its people permanently and think there won’t be a consequence. I am not only talking about the fact that such a regime will be remembered for what for centuries to come. I am also saying that there will be a consequence from the side of God for each and every one of these persons. The Kuran does not specify if these consequences are to happen in this world or in the afterlife but it does specify in many occasions that there will be consequences for these people.

Messages In This Thread
LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority - by Leonardo17 - September 23, 2022 at 4:24 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal? FlatAssembler 10 1018 August 12, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5326 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1255 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1344 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4763 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3949 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4721 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 786 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1950 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1024 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas