Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 2:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea
RE: Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea
(February 12, 2013 at 12:00 am)Esquilax Wrote: Except you call us all bigoted for daring to blame their religion in this case.
No, I did not. I called those who were involved in the dehumanizing of the people of this Island Nation Bigots for making like everyone who lived there to be 3rd world primitives, who burn and sometimes eat people in the name of God. When I suggested that, this was a indivisual's (Meaning one or more people not an entire race) Crime against another. I was bocked at, and told it was a "cultural issue" Meaning that whole race/nation of people have been corrupted by Christianity into burning witches.)
Which in of itself is a racist thing to say.

Quote:Given this, it's clear that you think their religion is a non-issue, and as you go on, you label their actions as non christian. How, exactly, can this be interpreted any other way?
Stop assuming, and ask a frigging question from time to time. Religion= The way we worship God. Is a non issue Because Santified (Authorized) Christian Worship is outlined in scripture. Now because what they did was not in the bible, it makes burning witches a NON Christian/ Non Santified/ NOt Authorized in any way shape or form way to worship God. Matter of fact what they did is considered a sin.

Quote:And who are you to judge their actions?
We are called to judge our brothers and keep them in check. We do this by keeping our "Offical Christian Practices" In line with what the bible teaches.

Quote: Your christian law includes the burning of witches, that's literally written down in the bible, but you ignore that because you don't like it.
Either Show me Book Chapter and Verse or admit you are lying or just plain stupid either or.

Because I have pointed out 15 times in this thread there are not ANY Christian verses that tell us to burn witches. I even went so far as to show you a passage in Acts where Peter encounters a Sorcerer, and simply demands that he repent of his sin. Nothing more.

I read the rest of you message, and There is no need to get into your arguement any further unless you can provide New Testamant Scripture that established a command that Christians are to burn witches as you have indicated.

(February 12, 2013 at 12:05 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(February 11, 2013 at 11:34 pm)Drich Wrote: Which BTW is what makes you a Bigot (By literal defination)
big·ot
noun \ˈbi-gət\
Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

In your continual persuit of trying to frame their deeds as santified Christian act (even after shooting every single objection you had with a scriptural backing, AND providing you with a scriptural example of how the Apstole Peter dealt with a 'sorcerer.') You still insist By the way of your sheer desire that these men were following Christian rule. So you can persecute Christianity, and up hold your own morality as being superior. What you fail to realize (but appearently your peers on this web site do not) Is you had to sell your 'morality' to do it. You have become the same intolerant bigot that you claim witch burning "Christians" are. You sir are The king of the hypocrits.Kneel Suckers

Oh my, you kept talking after I posted. Figures.

How, pray, am I persecuting christianity by noting that religious beliefs probably played a part in the death of this woman, and that's a bad thing? Because, see, I never stated a position here, beyond an acknowledgement that yes, there was probably some biblical juju at work in this case. How is my being intellectually honest a bigoted act?

Did I say all christians are at fault here? Did I say all Papuans are at fault here? Or even the specific community in question? No, I never did. What I did say, however, was that this crime probably had a religious origin. And that you are ridiculous for thinking witches were real, but that's a different issue.

Looks like someone finally pulled his head out of the sand, and is beginning to see what everyone else saw comming 4 pages ago.. (Did someone PM you or did you finally figure things out on your own?) nothing like some last minute back peddaling to confirm one's wrong doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woman burned alive for 'sorcery' in Papua New Guinea - by Drich - February 12, 2013 at 12:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adulterous woman Fake Messiah 77 6390 June 25, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Brazilian woman has spent years praying to Lord of the Rings doll Cyberman 41 5623 January 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2875 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Racism is alive and kicking in Mississippi church drfuzzy 56 6304 April 28, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  An Effective Prayer for a Man or Woman RebeccaClyde 6 2860 October 16, 2013 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I think I found the dumbest person alive Nightfoot92 16 5734 August 14, 2013 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  RCC says making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child. Ziploc Surprise 43 21152 July 3, 2012 at 4:28 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Was Jesus the Bastard Son of a Menstruate and Promiscuous Woman from 100 BCE? michaelsherlock 13 7593 April 10, 2012 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: michaelsherlock
  The meaning of "woman" in Galations 4:4 Barre 7 3324 December 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Transgender Woman says DMV Clerk Warned of Hell lilyannerose 14 4444 December 13, 2010 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye