Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 12:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus
RE: For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus
(February 23, 2013 at 6:04 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(February 23, 2013 at 5:16 pm)traveller Wrote: I'm sorry to ramble on but I feel so strongly, that all religions are all based on the same historical events

'Ramble' is a understatement.

How is there references to Jesus in nonreligious texts from before he was supposed to have existed?

What historical events are you referring to?

Quote:You may have gathered I do not believe there was a god, but I am not an atheist, I believe in scientific fact and have recently converted to Creatoism. see creatoism.com

If you don't believe in the existence of a god, then you are an atheist. Why do people make this so difficult?

What 'scientific fact' are you referring to? Because there is no demonstrable evidence in any field that studies the origins of the universe and life on earth for creationism. All evidence points to natural processes.

If you don't believe that a god exists, what is responsible for 'creationism' ?

Hi thanks for your comments but please re-read

Quote: If you don't believe in the existence of a god, then you are an atheist. Why do people make this so difficult?

I am not an atheist! I am Creatoist, which is very different to a Creationist, please use the correct religion.

Quote: What 'scientific fact' are you referring to? Because there is no demonstrable evidence in any field that studies the origins of the universe and life on earth for creationism.

Again please refer to my correct beliefs, Creatoism, believes in the partial evolution, but no god.

Quote: All evidence points to natural processes.

There is no evidence that provides a continual link from the first formation of simple life to Homo Erectus, there are a large number of links missing that cannot be scientifically explained. Some of the big ones are why is there such a variation, if all life was formed from the same original "Life form", why is the evolution still not continuing, i.e why are apes not turning into humans, fish into bird and many more, is it hard to believe that we may have had some "Intervention" but not from an omnipotent being, just possible a meteorite or perhaps a satellite from another planet?

If you don't believe that a god exists, what is responsible for 'creationism'

(February 24, 2013 at 12:24 am)EGross Wrote: I went to the web site. It's a kind of a new cult - so new I couldn't find it on wikipedia. Note to cults: always make a wikipedia entry when you get going!

From their site:

Quote:Creatoism was founded in United Kingdom in 2012, after many years of investigation into not only the ancient texts of other religions, but also other ancient writings and and antique books. Our religion uses some of these texts as evidence of occurrences in history, but only where other collaborating evidence backs up the occurrence or event.

Quote:Our religion,is based on scientific fact and theories and unlike other older religions, we do not proclaim to believe in a god or omnipotent being! There is no scientific evidence for this, there is no scientific theory that could explain such an existence. Many other religions have used some times similar stories in past history, sometimes their beliefs are similar, our beliefs are totally different to all other religions, and all our beliefs are based on proven facts, or scientific theories.

Quote:We hold monthly "Family" gatherings, these are similar to what in some religions are called "Services". In our family gatherings we do pray,why some would say? Our reason for praying, is based on scientific fact, it has been scientifically proven, that mass praying, does indeed help people recover more quickly than those that do not receive prayers.

Caution: aviod the Kool-Aide.

Hi, I see you quote Wikipedia.........what a laugh. I have myself entered three entries that are fictitious which have been entered. Entries can be entered and amended by anyone, so don't rely on wikipedia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus - by traveller - February 24, 2013 at 6:32 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 575 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  There will be fewer "cousin" stories in the future, I think. Gawdzilla Sama 0 513 December 15, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Caesar's Messiah by Joseph Atwill - what do people think Send4Seneca 28 2636 August 24, 2019 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  What do moderates think Jesus died for? Der/die AtheistIn 119 11103 January 16, 2019 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5574 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20419 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Do you think Epistle of James was written by "James Brother of Jesus" Rolandson 13 2236 December 31, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Is people being violent until they find Jesus a common occurance? ReptilianPeon 27 5287 November 12, 2015 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 110311 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Question Why did God let people think demons cause epilepsy? Razzle 34 7704 May 22, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Drich