Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The People of Light vs The People of Darkness
The People of Light vs The People of Darkness
The Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu has started quoting the bible by saying on October 7th:

We are the people of light, they are the people of darkness—and light shall triumph over darkness,” + “Our war against Hamas is a test for all of humanity it is a struggle between the axis of evil of Iran, Hezbollah, and Hamas, and the axis of freedom and progress.” +  “It is now a time to come together for one purpose to storm ahead to achieve victory in joint with joint forces and a profound belief in justice, a profound belief in the eternity of the Jewish people. We shall realize the prophecy of Isaiah,”

Approach of light would be more like… I already demonstrated that it is not Smile

(I'll post my threads on Judaism here because Christianity and Judaism have many common features and the term "judeo-Christian" is being used in many places) Smile
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: The People of Light vs The People of Darkness
Welcome back.
RE: The People of Light vs The People of Darkness
(October 27, 2023 at 6:30 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: a) Why is it that almost every country that is a direct or close neighbor to Israel are like no-man’s lands now? Why is it that all their neighbors are complete rogue states at best? And I am asking this from a historical perspective. Before Israel came to the region in the 1950’s these were not advanced nations, but these were still decent places where you could settle and raise a family. And that includes places like Afghanistan. In the 60’s The Hippies loved to travel to all those places. So what happened? Is it religion? That religion exists since the 6th century. So it’s not religion. What happened there?

Religion.  Specifically ethno-religious nationalism. The arab-israeli war played out from 69-76.  The syrian army invades lebanon in the 70's.  The taliban came to power late...in 94..  It's completely ludicrous to zero out the impact of the competing abrahamic religions in this. Each of these conflicts were explicitly predicated on it from every abrahamic side.

You appear to believe that they're not doing their own religions right - but that's a quirk of your own religion and not indicative of their correctness or lack of religious motivations.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In light of a tragic event... dyresand 10 3592 October 14, 2015 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The speed of light, stars, and YEC? Voltair 178 88294 September 24, 2015 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Chuck Norris says voting for Obama will bring 1000 years of darkness Ziploc Surprise 35 17727 September 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Mankind is "in darkness" Tobie 9 3574 April 12, 2012 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused