Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 4:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
(March 3, 2013 at 12:04 am)Aractus Wrote: Wow Tara, you have completely missed what I think the most important point is - and I brought it up yet no one has discussed it. This is a matter for the school, and it's their right to make a decision, in this case they cannot make everyone happy, but they still have to make a decision and parents should respect the rules that the School has. In fact - when you send your child to a school, you are agreeing to abide by their rules.

Schools have enough things to worry about without having renegade parents who are unhappy with the school rules that they agreed to when they sent their children there.

Sooo... about that whole segregation thing. Something about schools making a stance to not allow black children to learn alongside white children? Yup, the school has every right to be just as much of a dick as it wants to be Wink

Though, I'm with you to an extent. Were it my child, and she felt badly enough about the bathroom trauma I got to 'enjoy' for most of my life, I'd absolutely pull her out of that school and stick her in another. Or homeschool her, if every school decided to be an ass about a little girl's piss Angel

(March 3, 2013 at 12:07 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: @Aractus

So we're not allowed to disagree with the school's decision?

Clearly not, and we're also certainly not allowed to voice such disagreement.

People made an issue of my not standing to say the pledge of allegiance, can't imagine why... what with the separation of church and state and all, and of not making odd pledges that one neither intends to uphold nor keep.

Really, people like to make mountains out of molehills, and they're hookers regardless Smile

(March 3, 2013 at 12:27 am)Aractus Wrote: [quote='missluckie26' pid='408568' dateline='1362280966']Not to mention: guys' bathrooms are on a whole different playing field cleanliness wise. Big Grin
Actually that's totally wrong. I know of buildings which have signs inside the ladies that say "wash your hands before leaving" and which do not have those signs inside the men's.

Girls girls... how the fuck did you get shi-, oh... so you're that obese. Gotcha Wink

And don't be ridiculous... never seen a man wash his hands after pissing in my life Sleepy (hyperbole, but I'll still forever be haunted by the images of guys finishing up at the urinal and walking right out the door...)

Quote:Nonsense. You can disagree with it all you want, but it's still their decision to make.

But they're crazy regardless, right? Tiger

(March 3, 2013 at 12:29 am)missluckie26 Wrote: Ummmm... I was saying you guys' bathrooms are disgustingTongue
Follow up question: How do you know what's in the girl's bathrooms?

Aractus follows women into them, obviously Angel

(March 3, 2013 at 12:37 am)Shell B Wrote: Do you not find it harmful for a young girl to see a penis? Well, I would rather she did not. I would rather she not see vaginas that do not belong to her, either. However, that would hardly raise the question of genitalia. Children have no reason to be concerned with this. Now, you have yet to assert your views on this. I will go no further until I am sure I am not just wasting my time debating someone who does not disagree, but rather enjoys wasting people's time by making them state every nuance of their argument for no one's benefit. It's rude. So, where do you stand or have nice day? Up to you.

Not remotely. I also don't see it as harmful that she see vaginas. Or that a young lad sees such. Or the dicks of other men. Or tits. Everybody loves tits.

Children have every reason to be as interested in this as anything else they might study... and if they have the very slightest sexual inclination, it might even be expected of them (one man earlier admitted to masturbating by 7, I myself started that at an age I simply don't remember, certainly before that though).

Why would it be harmful for anyone to see a healthy body part? It's not like it's going to psychologically traumatize them from appearance alone (man, it'd have to be uuuuuuugly).

Quote:Missluckie, I have heard tell that women's bathrooms are worse. I imagine it is the bloody mess thing.

I've been in both, and I can honestly say that you cisgendered folk (of each sex) are incredibly foul, and equally guilty of being filthy. The men's gets a lovely amount of piss splattered everywhere, coupled with such an absence of washed hands that by first grade I started opening every bathroom door with a large wad of paper towels (or, sans this... the lower outside portion of my shirts, or coatsleeves). I'm SUCH A FAN of how beautifully they can miss the target, and have to-date absolutely no idea how they can manage that.

The women's likes to have a whole shit ton of paper and grime thrown just about everywhere... bonus points if there's bloodstains on the seats. SUPER BONUS ROUND if there's still-liquidated piss on the seat, alongside a few droplets of blood she couldn't be arsed to wipe down, and MY FAVORITE: diarrhea dribbling along the back or side of the seat. And don't you just love it when they don't flush? Sleepy

By second grade, I discovered the 'cleanest' way to go to the bathroom ever, and I've been using it since: squat (from a sitting position), ass in the air, and piss. The level of aim attainable from this position (regardless if you've penis or vagina) allows one to quietly let their piss this the ceramic instead of the water, in a downward slope that typically works with the bowled design of toilets... so one doesn't have to feel embarrassed or anything when someone else walks into the same bathroom they're in. Human ingenuity~, that's me.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban - by Violet - March 4, 2013 at 8:18 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2591 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6575 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1224 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 843 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1829 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1970 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5406 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2201 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kim Jung Un to US: Ban The Interview or else attack! Creed of Heresy 27 6522 June 27, 2014 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Colorado jury duty and breach of separation of church and state. guestatheist14 6 2346 February 2, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: guestatheist14