Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transgender military ban to go into effect
transgender military ban to go into effect
Quote:The Supreme Court allowed President Donald Trump's transgender military ban to go into effect on Tuesday

The policy, first announced by the President in July 2017 via Twitter, and later officially released by then-Secretary of Defense James Mattis in 2018, blocks individuals who have been diagnosed with a condition known as gender dysphoria from serving with limited exceptions. It also specifies that individuals without the condition can serve, but only if they do so according to the sex they were assigned at birth.

Really? So Trump thinks that trans soldiers are pansies? You think Donald Trump would have guts to say to this guy that he is a pansy?

It's hard not to see this as part of racist rhetoric which is picking on minorities.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: transgender military ban to go into effect
Lets not take this out of context.

I hate this ruling, but it was not a final say ruling, it was just a stay.
This thought went through a very warped brain --

" We wouldn't want some immoral deviant to go kill people for us..."

Tut Tut
Can we have another law banning corrupt egomaniacs from holding public office?
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 22, 2019 at 1:56 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: This thought went through a very warped brain --

" We wouldn't want some immoral deviant to go kill people for us..."

Tut Tut

We don't call it killing anymore. We call it 'winning hearts and minds'.  We wouldn't want some immoral deviant to go winning hearts and minds for us. See how much different that sounds?
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(January 22, 2019 at 2:07 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Can we have another law banning corrupt egomaniacs from holding public office?

"Hello, police? There is a large white man in that white house down in dc and he sounds insane and i feel unsafe. I think he might be a criminal."
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(January 22, 2019 at 2:15 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(January 22, 2019 at 2:07 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Can we have another law banning corrupt egomaniacs from holding public office?

"Hello, police? There is a large white man in that white house down in dc and he sounds insane and i feel unsafe. I think he might be a criminal."

If only it were that easy...
Dying to live, living to die.
I am 100% for both military and transgender mind you. I have heard conflicting things about -why- they shouldn't be able to serve and I don't know how true it is. So in the American military you can be told no for medical issues and parental issues. IE if you have diabetes you can't join. If you are a single parent you can't join. This is for nearly the same reason. If deployed to no man's land in the middle of the night what are you going to do? Who are your kids going to and where are you going to stash your insulin? I've heard that transgender shouldn't/couldn't because they do need that steady dose of medicine to maintain it. If they get lost, shot down, end up somewhere away from medicine for so and so days/weeks what happens? This is where I am in uncharted grounds, if indeed the medicine stops will it hurt them or will it just mess with their bodies? Even asthma isn't allowed in the military for this reason. I would think that IF it did hurt them to be away from medical supplies then no they should play by the same medical rules everyone else plays by. If it doesn't hurt them physically then the military is playing that "if one can't join none can" and that's messed up.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(January 22, 2019 at 2:29 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I am 100% for both military and transgender mind you. I have heard conflicting things about -why- they shouldn't be able to serve and I don't know how true it is. So in the American military you can be told no for medical issues and parental issues. IE if you have diabetes you can't join. If you are a single parent you can't join. This is for nearly the same reason. If deployed to no man's land in the middle of the night what are you going to do? Who are your kids going to and where are you going to stash your insulin? I've heard that transgender shouldn't/couldn't because they do need that steady dose of medicine to maintain it. If they get lost, shot down, end up somewhere away from medicine for so and so days/weeks what happens? This is where I am in uncharted grounds, if indeed the medicine stops will it hurt them or will it just mess with their bodies? Even asthma isn't allowed in the military for this reason. I would think that IF it did hurt them to be away from medical supplies then no they should play by the same medical rules everyone else plays by. If it doesn't hurt them physically then the military is playing that "if one can't join none can" and that's messed up.

The ability to serve should be the only measure.

I failed out of Air Force basic myself. The physical part was easy. What got me washed out was the mental aspect. From 5am to 10pm at night, I was constantly yelled at and made to feel like a piece of shit. Drill Instructors getting in my face yelling at me constantly. Physically I could have passed. But after a lifetime of living on a street full of nothing but guy bullies, and on top of having well intended but all be it wrong, authoritarian parents, whom had a "buck it up snowflake" attitude, I was doomed to fail when I enlisted. I had no idea a the time when I went in it was all just a mental test. I came out of that failure thinking worse of myself than I do now. 

I look at it this way, if you can do the physical work and handle the mental stress, and on top of basically signing up for getting shot at and killed, you deserve the chance to do it, and you deserve the support of being whom you know you are.

I could care less who saves my bacon, male or female or transgender. I don't care if you are military or a police or fire or doctor or EMT. Not everyone can do those mentally tough jobs. But I say, if you get through that training you deserve the job regardless of gender, or sexual identity or sexuality.
(January 22, 2019 at 2:29 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I am 100% for both military and transgender mind you. I have heard conflicting things about -why- they shouldn't be able to serve and I don't know how true it is. So in the American military you can be told no for medical issues and parental issues. IE if you have diabetes you can't join. If you are a single parent you can't join. This is for nearly the same reason. If deployed to no man's land in the middle of the night what are you going to do? Who are your kids going to and where are you going to stash your insulin? I've heard that transgender shouldn't/couldn't because they do need that steady dose of medicine to maintain it. If they get lost, shot down, end up somewhere away from medicine for so and so days/weeks what happens? This is where I am in uncharted grounds, if indeed the medicine stops will it hurt them or will it just mess with their bodies? Even asthma isn't allowed in the military for this reason. I would think that IF it did hurt them to be away from medical supplies then no they should play by the same medical rules everyone else plays by. If it doesn't hurt them physically then the military is playing that "if one can't join none can" and that's messed up.

Trans people can do without the medicine just fine. It's not like they will turn back into their gender at birth. Many actually stop taking their hormones after having been on them for many years. It doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't see any reason that post-operative transsexuals should be prohibited from service. I don't know how common it is for insurance to pay for SRS these days. In my day, insurance absolutely did not cover SRS. If transsexuals are still required to pay for their SRS out of pocket, then a lot of pre-operative people would be lining up for government paid SRS by joining the military. That would be a bit of a problem, since you don't really want people joining just for the medical procedure. The military has never accepted those who are in need of medical care before. If they started to accept transsexuals who are signing up for the free SRS, then it seems like they would have to accept a whole bunch of other people with medical problems.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1442 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 866 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 570 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 783 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Ike Warns of unchecked military industry. Brian37 25 2464 May 26, 2020 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2546 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2831 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space Coveny 16 1527 February 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The WLB Effect Is Starting To Take Hold Minimalist 0 589 July 6, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6517 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain