Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 6:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith
RE: 3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith
(March 28, 2013 at 2:56 am)Godschild Wrote: I'm using these same verses to answer what I did not hide above.
Each of those tell of the person/s living out what they practice, something you did not say about your practice. Even though I said to practice baseball is not the same as playing the game, practicing will make for a better player when he is playing. You ever hear of live what you practice or maybe this one "be doers of the word and not hearers only." Living in a relationship with Christ is what separates Christians from all the rest.

smax Wrote:Wow. I gotta tell you, I am extremely disappointed. I was really hoping we might enter into a compelling and challenging debate, but you've got nothing to offer that.

And, just so it's clear that this isn't merely some type of cop out, you don't even seem to have a basic understanding of the word "practice". The very quote you use to suggest that "practice" isn't adequate in fact describes practice over inaction.

"be doers (or practitioners) of the word and not hearers only."

Practitioner means living what you believe, practice as I see many christians doing is ritualistic, going through the motion, not living out a relationship with Christ. Since you apparently did not experience Christ how am I to believe you meant anything other than going through the motions. I've experienced Christ whether you believe it or not, and because I have I can not understand how anyone could reject Him. This is were I'm coming from, experiencing Christ.

(March 28, 2013 at 3:21 am)Godschild Wrote: Thank you for answering, many want. I would disagree with you on understanding the scriptures. I know there is a certain amount that anyone can understand, and some as yourself will see more, however there is the spiritual that the Holy Spirit reveals to believers that unbelievers do not have revealed to them. Every time I read the scriptures I ask for God's discernment, a deeper understanding of His word.

Esquilax Wrote:So, basically what I said: if I don't believe in god, it's just because I don't get him. From an outside perspective, one might argue that the reason you're not an atheist is because you don't get secularism. Neither of these positions say anything about the truth of whether or not a god exists, just that the person employing them believes he's leveled up his understanding, in a way.

For many years I lived in the secular world, and I want say I did not enjoy it, I did. The thing it did not do was bring a peace into my life, it did not answer all the questions about life I needed to know. I'm not saying that I've received all the answers through Christianity, what I do know is I have a peace and many questions answered. By the way I do question God on things in His word, but I do not stop there, I ask for His discernment, sometimes I receive it, sometimes it takes awhile, and on somethings I'm still waiting.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith - by Godschild - March 28, 2013 at 3:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1050 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13550 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11965 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Bible talked in circles at start Ketzer 19 1907 January 3, 2022 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4593 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6475 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4433 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1795 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7922 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 886 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist