Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 6:03 pm

Poll: Are you for or against the separation of church and state?
This poll is closed.
For
96.30%
52 96.30%
Against
3.70%
2 3.70%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you for or against the separation of church and state?
RE: Are you for or against the separation of church and state?
(April 21, 2013 at 11:58 pm)Godschild Wrote: My faith in Christ has grown into knowledge, He is more real to me than you are. Now you have once again my true belief. I want fall for your little childish trick and you get upset, you want others even the atheist on this site to take you serious then you need to grow up and act responsible. If anyone is having doubts it would be you, seems to me you are desperate to find out if God exist or not, use scriptures they can guide you to the answer. A/S/K

Don't worry, your Atheism secret is safe with me... err, and the rest of us, of course.

Cool Shades

(April 22, 2013 at 1:49 am)Godschild Wrote:
(April 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm)smax Wrote:
(April 21, 2013 at 7:08 am)Tonus Wrote:

smax Wrote:.... GC made reference to a scripture in Luke 4 (and Matthew) where the devil was tempting Jesus to prove himself. Jesus then quotes Dueteronomy, saying "It is said, "Do not put the Lord thy God to the test".

That's correct

smax Wrote:However, in Matthew 14, Peter asks Jesus to prove himself, and Jesus does:

Incorrect.

smax Wrote:25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

You have a comprehension problem don't you, I'm sorry I did not realize you had this problem, why I'm not sure. However, you need to be careful when driving, wouldn't want you to injure someone because you come upon a stop sign and forget what it means, please do be careful.
When you are able to overcome this problem we'll be able to have some kind of a discussion about scripture that will not confuse you.

smax Wrote:Besides this contradiction, I provided 3 carefully selected scripture for GC to negate his reasoning for not agreeing to my terms:

The first one was to show that people of faith are supposed to be able to tap into the power of god on command.

I gave you viable reasoning, you didn't want to accept it, that's not my fault.
Referring to the mustard seed, Christ wasn't telling His disciples that they should move mountains if they had that small amount of faith. Christ was teaching them with such a small amount of faith God could work great spiritual wonders through them, and that's exactly what happened with them.
I understand that comprehension thing you have.

smax Wrote:The second one was to demonstrate a man of faith calling on god to reveal him in order to prove his claims about god.

The third one showed god encouraging his follower to make claims about him that he would then support with a demonstration of power.

Both of these scriptural events were planned by God, not Moses or Elijah, they were demonstrating what God could do when they had the faith of a mustard seed, and it happened. Thought I would let you know so you would not have to struggle with that comprehension thing, wouldn't want you to further damage that brain of yours.

smax Wrote:At the end of the day, GC has no good reason to refuse my terms other than the fact that both he and I know that god doesn't exist, and that he will be made to look foolish even trying to verify god's existence.

Well here it's the beginning of a new day, but anyway I've now given even more reasonable answers to refuse your childish terms. Why want you go to the scriptures and do as they say, I mean you're so afraid there's a God and you will miss out and are afraid the atheist here will make fun of you doing it own your own.

Funny I how I somehow get it on scriptures you happen to agree with me about, but I have a "comprehension problem" with the ones I don't see your way.

Your newfound Atheism is becoming more and more apparent by the second, as your already defensive posture has now grown into flat out insecurity.

But, by all means, continue using selective reasoning with scripture and telling yourself whatever you think you need to think in your futile attempts to subvert the inevitable.

You are an Atheist now, even if it is only be definition. You and I both know that god is powerless. You and I both have the same level of faith in his power, which is none.

I only wish I could be there when you start to see this whole thing unraveling before your own eyes, as you start asking questions that you never thought you'd want the answers to. To be there when you find yourself arguing logic and reason over blind faith and mindlessness.

So many things I'm going to miss out on, yet know with utter certainly will happen.

Just remember, some things are worth dying, your faith was one of them.
[Image: earthp.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you for or against the separation of church and state? - by smax - April 22, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1287 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4098 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5776 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Stop Asking Me to Go to Church with You Rhondazvous 27 2983 May 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 3914 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3832 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4191 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Oh no, not another new topic! About a former atheist state mcolafson 7 2273 October 6, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Girls drugged and abused at church-run home zebo-the-fat 20 2640 July 17, 2016 at 6:31 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Racism is alive and kicking in Mississippi church drfuzzy 56 6399 April 28, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13