Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana's Govenor Signs 'Religious Freedom' Bill
RE: Indiana's Govenor Signs 'Religious Freedom' Bill
(April 3, 2015 at 6:06 pm)Heywood Wrote: What do you want to know?  Some photographer doesn't want to service the gay community.  So what, for every one of him there are probably 10 other photographers that will service the gay community.  This isn't about making sure gays have equal access.  They do.  This is about controlling people.

People like DP don't like people that think homosexuality is wrong.  They want to impose their will on them and make them service clientele they don't want to service. Forcing someone to service another against their will is a denial of thier freedom.  It is slavery.

So you completely ignored my post trying to explain the issue to you, I see, and instead attributed something completely different to me. I'm trying to assume you're not lying right now. Just letting you know. Hope you can clear this little maneuver up for me. 

But in case you do need me to repeat:

I can assure you there is no army of gay couples who are going out of their way to search for Christian bigots who they know already hate them and force them to bake their food and take their pictures at their wedding. I don't know if you've ever been married yourself but I can tell you that the last thing you want is someone who's not completely into their part of the job working for you on that most important day. You want a photographer who's enthusiastic about taking the right pictures. You want a baker who will happily bake you the best cake you've ever had. You specifically do not want someone who feels like they're forced to be there doing whatever critical component to the big day might be. 

However, at the same time, you don't have the option of just "finding someone else" at the 11th hour. if the baker backs out on the contract at the last minute, your only option really is the grocery store for your wedding cake. If the photographer decides to be a no-show because of his/her precious religious beliefs, your only option is to hope everyone else brought a camera and someone in the crowd takes some decent photos. 

Is this penetrating your thick skull? 

This is not about "controlling people" and "slavery". This is about contracts and being responsible when making them and taking responsibility for the contracts you've already agreed to. You might think that Jesus will save your soul from Hell but he should not allow you to back out of a contract for services on this earth at the last minute because you just found out this is a gay wedding. 

And if you do, your sanctimonious ass should be sued because you not only reneged on your contract at the last minute but you ruined someone's wedding day. 

Clear?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indiana's Govenor Signs 'Religious Freedom' Bill - by DeistPaladin - April 3, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 379 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1081 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2293 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Crypto bill paulpablo 31 2795 August 19, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Az Lawmaker introduces scary bill. Brian37 40 3669 February 1, 2021 at 10:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1097 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1983 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 5031 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Farm Bill Food Fight The Grand Nudger 20 3669 May 15, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The Power of Freedom vs. Hate Speech Laws Mechaghostman2 13 1658 May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3