Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientific knowledge versus spiritual knowledge
RE: Scientific knowledge versus spiritual knowledge
(January 7, 2016 at 7:37 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: Not asking you to suspend anything. If I stubbed my toe five years ago and showed it to you today would it be evident that I hurt it unless it was severely damaged?

Did god reveal himself to you five years ago, and since that time any trace of the event has vanished, ala a stubbed toe? 

Quote:What do you have to suspend in order to believe in a creative force? Is the big bang a creative force? Is the sun? What about carbon? I state that God doesn't refute science and science doesn't refute GOD. You say that that God isn't needed to explain existence. I remind you that our observations and the theories based on them are neither complete or factual, just hypotheses.
I defer to theories, not hypotheses..the difference is lost on you, clearly.  But fuck it..if what I have are "just hypothesis"..what you have is the shit you've flung at a wall, nothing changes.

Quote:Indeed God is the unifying point of all existence and all encompassing, something no scientific theory can say.
Because "science" cares about supporting it's statements..you do not.  If you don't have an intellectually rigorous fiber in your entire body there's no limit to the things you can say.

Quote:Why do atheist always act like science refutes the existence of a single causal force responsible, in one way or another, for all other existence, laws, and energy?
Why do you act as if you have a clue as to how atheists "always act"?

(January 7, 2016 at 7:45 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: How does little ole me KNOW their is a God?

A wonderful question.  I predict failure.

Quote:After about 20 years of atheism and many years of self harm and harm to others, with hope and meekness of heart, by God's grace it was made undeniably obvious to me.
It was made undeniably obvious to you in a manner that you are completely incapable of articulating?  I doubt that.

Quote:It has since been repeatedly verified to many varied degrees.
Your standards of verification are, in all likelihood, laughably low.  

Quote:I am not, nor was I ever, your average Joe Christian.
Yeah, you are.....but I can see that it;s important to you to believe otherwise...so have at it.  

Quote:Your generally atheist would excuse it with a delusion or psychotic episode or sometimes they say seizure. I wouldn't expect anything less from them generally.
Oh, would they?  See... I'd just call you a liar for christ.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific knowledge versus spiritual knowledge - by The Grand Nudger - January 7, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 6843 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Using the word Spiritual Bahana 44 3770 October 4, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2572 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska
  Is atheism a scientific perspective? AAA 358 60351 January 27, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔ The Joker 348 46506 November 26, 2016 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Cartoons: propaganda versus the giant gorilla Deepthunk 4 1860 October 19, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  Jerry Coyne's new book: Faith Versus Fact Mudhammam 17 5970 August 13, 2015 at 12:22 am
Last Post: smsavage32
  Help: jumped on for seeking scientific proof of spiritual healing emilynghiem 55 17775 February 21, 2015 at 2:54 am
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12550 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  A question about the lifespan of scientific theories. Hammod1612 35 7122 January 16, 2015 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Alex K