Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua?
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua?
(January 25, 2016 at 4:14 pm)Sheed1980 Wrote:
(January 25, 2016 at 3:35 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Hello McFLY!

Christians and Muslims and Jews and Hindus ALL ALL ALL make the same arguments. I know you like what you believe. I also know you really want it to be true. I don't doubt your sincerity when you say you believe what you claim. I do doubt you really know what you do using bad logic in leading yourself to needlessly come to such bad conclusions.

"My Bible says"
"My Koran says"
"My Torah says"
"My Vedas say"
"My Dali Lama says"

"Christianity is popular"
"Islam is popular"
"Jewish is popular"
"Buddhism is popular"
"Hinduism is popular"

"I point to the bible for miracles"
"I point to the Koran for miracles"
"I point to Jewish scriptures for miracles"
"I point to Buddha for for miracles"
"I point to the Hindu Vedas for miracles"

"Jesus says we have free will"
"Allah says we have free will"
"Yahweh says we have free will"
"Buddha says we have free will"
"The Vedas say we have free will"

And they ALL like what they believe. Still not a matter of human rights. It is still a matter of EVIDENCE.  Which no human has ever produced about any religion or god claim.  7 billion humans make 100s of thousands of different god claims, and so what. If anyone had universal evidence they'd have a Nobel Prize in science and could beat everyone to the patent office.

I am NOT treating you any differently than I would any other person with a different religion or god claim. Get in line, take a number.
OK Tannen. Lol. I understand ur views on this but u haven't answered either of my questions. How many instances of a particular matter do u have to see in order to be a fact and not just a coincidence? Also how many facts have to be shown to u in order for u to believe it as true?

Again, you liking an old book only means you like that old book. Calling it a fact only means you like believing it to be fact. So what, Christians and Jews and Hindus also find "facts" in their religions too.

"Facts" in a unbias universal neutral setting have NOTHING to do with personal bias. YOU are the one suffering from selection bias and sample rate error. Dont feel bad, all religions suffer from use of bad logic.

Good logic does not start with presuming what you personally like. Good logic works like this.

Collect data through observation=plug data into established formula with control groups= repeat for decent sample rate=write down your findings=hand your findings over to independent peers to see if they can replicate your data and method. If they can, you are onto something. If they cannot, then you need to check your work for errors and start over.

Religious logic IN ALL RELIGIONS is bad logic.

"I like what I believe=pick a book and deity= therefore I am right"

If you cannot check your personal bias at the door you are not being objective.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 21, 2016 at 8:46 am
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 21, 2016 at 9:22 am
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 21, 2016 at 3:52 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 23, 2016 at 7:44 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 25, 2016 at 6:57 am
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by Brian37 - January 25, 2016 at 4:41 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 25, 2016 at 5:12 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 23, 2016 at 3:46 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 30, 2016 at 5:46 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 31, 2016 at 11:04 am
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - February 1, 2016 at 6:50 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - February 2, 2016 at 11:02 am
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - February 3, 2016 at 11:11 am
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - February 3, 2016 at 5:36 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - February 4, 2016 at 6:13 am
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - February 1, 2016 at 8:44 am
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 29, 2016 at 8:42 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 29, 2016 at 8:33 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 30, 2016 at 2:41 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - January 30, 2016 at 5:36 pm
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? - by GUBU - February 4, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian convenience store owner charged over 'Allah socks' zebo-the-fat 7 284 March 30, 2024 at 9:26 am
Last Post: viocjit
  [Serious] Killing Allah by one topic Eclectic 16 1770 December 11, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
Rainbow Allah is ENERGY Mahdi Ibrahim 232 15715 March 8, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: DarthFritz82
  Allah's punishment for atheist & non believers yragnitup 62 12786 June 11, 2018 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Allah's Anatomy & Emotions yragnitup 20 3264 June 6, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5405 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Star and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah. WinterHold 0 581 December 8, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5121 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Again, allah seems to need a lot of help Minimalist 6 1949 June 11, 2017 at 10:46 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Allah cares which Emjois you use: Let's find out which ones are Haram ReptilianPeon 3 961 August 21, 2016 at 4:12 am
Last Post: account_inactive