Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 22, 2024, 12:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the lamest defence of Theism you've ever heard?
RE: What's the lamest defence of Theism you've ever heard?
(February 20, 2016 at 9:56 pm)AAA Wrote:
(February 20, 2016 at 8:08 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote: Actually, Junk Status, in order for you to be able to claim that you'd have to show us evidence. But you cannot do that, because you've got none.

Checkmate creatard.

Sequential information in cells and molecular mediums that allow information to be transferred between molecules seem like designed features. It can easily be interpreted as evidence of design, especially when we see intelligently created technologies that resemble it, yet we never see non-living systems mimic it.

I couldn't remember why I stopped debating about a year ago. Now I remember. This is painful.  
Here's how this sounds: This thingy right here works wonderfully in a complex manner that I don't understand. Since I don't understand it, I say god did it.

Some other person comes around and you tell her of your findings. She just heard of another god, and thinks it must be that other one. Now we have two possible responsible parties.

Some other dude comes along and asks what the hell is going on. You explain that this thingy is very mechanical and couldn't possible happen if it weren't for a god. This dude heard of yet another god, and it most certainly had to be that god the one that did it.

That's how this sounds. And this discussion has been going on between atheists and creationists for a very long time. I don't understand how creationists can continue to use the unexplained as evidence. I really don't understand. "This is complex, therefore god," is not evidence. How is this still a thing? :huh: :huh: :huh:
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the lamest defence of Theism you've ever heard? - by J a c k - February 21, 2016 at 1:03 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism, theism, agnosticism, gnosticism, ignosticism Simon Moon 25 2155 October 29, 2022 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Moral universalism and theism Interaktive 20 1949 May 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Comparing Theism with Flat-Earthism FlatAssembler 26 2197 December 21, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Protection Against the Wiles of Theism Rhondazvous 9 1544 April 7, 2019 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Have you Heathens heard the Good News? The Valkyrie 71 12048 January 26, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Anti-Theism Haipule 134 25907 December 20, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Would you as an atheist EVER do this? Alexmahone 41 6675 December 6, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  What date do you estimate atheism will overtake theism in the world population Coveny 49 13306 September 12, 2017 at 9:36 am
Last Post: mordant
  Do You Ever Miss God? Rhondazvous 75 21090 May 20, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Occam's Razor, atheism, theism and polytheism. Jehanne 74 17186 February 14, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic