Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this explian what Dark matter and Dark energy is?
RE: Could this explian what Dark matter and Dark energy is?
(June 11, 2016 at 2:21 am)Alex K Wrote: He's not privileged to secret scientific evidence that others don't understand

I'm beginning to weaken by belief that you're in fact a physicist (as been informed by another member) since you easily distort what I've said into something else, or you have a difficulty in listening to others, which makes me question how someone with such bad communicative skills could be a physicist in the professional arena. I don't mean to insult you, i'm just stating what is factually coming about between us.

"the belief in another universe that's only supported by the evidence he and only a handful of his other colleges are privileged to" Where did you get 'secret evidence' as well as 'evidence others done understand' out of that?

I never said the privileged scientific evidence only he and his colleagues are currently working can only be understood by him and his group. I only said only that they are privileged to it because they are the ones working on those specific experiments no one else is working, so no one else will have their hands on the data until Peter and his group have published them. I didn't speak of the larger scientific community not understanding Peter Gorham's group work. I spoke only within the confines of the experiments he and his group are conducting, those experiments will always be more up to date while in the forefront, then the larger scientific community because his group are directly involved in the thick of it. It is only when after many months, or some times years before results become published, for which the larger scientific community can then fact check and analyze. During the time of experimenting, that is the blind spot the rest of world has to wait for, that i am speaking of - that being in the thick of what is being researched, gives one a more credible insight.

Quote:and that points to some spiritual truth only he can understand

I would say, he has a spiritual perspective. He looks at the data and it agrees with how he feels. Nothing more. I believe that, if one was only to apply a rigid scientific view of the world with logic and reasoning as the main and if not only way to go about knowing what is, it would be a perspective that's harsh, cold, and without color. For when you go about your every day and you make choices based upon how you feel rather then how you think - how you feel is not a reason, it is a reaction that's not being filtered and processed, for that is the job of the brain. So when one talks of feeling, that is not something one can argue with another. Mind is conceptual and can be distorted by miss understandings, but the heart cant. That's science.

I talk about feeling, because we are now talking about the intuition Peter is basing his beliefs on. And if you don't apply your feelings of intuition to what you believe then i can tell you right now, you're missing out on a huge part of the experience of what it is to 'know.' So just think about what it is you're dismissing between you and another, because nor you or no one else can speculate with any accuracy why any body else believes what they do, while you're using only your mind to make sense of the world around you. Because for now, science is only interested in what it can think about, and not what it can feel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could this explian what Dark matter and Dark energy is? - by Blueyedlion - June 11, 2016 at 4:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark matter vs. MOND LinuxGal 3 546 August 23, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Is it possible that the universe could be eternal??... dave4shmups 145 16719 August 9, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 588 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Science Nerds: Could Jupiter's Magnetic Field be harvested for energy? vulcanlogician 28 2266 August 7, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4397 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Rethinking Dark Matter/Dark energy.... Brian37 11 2484 January 26, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Origin of Matter RedSox 50 18598 June 13, 2017 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Anti-Matter at CERN chimp3 24 3471 December 21, 2016 at 7:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Newest super-sensitive test failed to catch a Dark Matter particle. Why? theBorg 40 6113 August 21, 2016 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  First collisions at the LHC with unprecedented Energy! (Ask a particle physisicist) Alex K 385 56266 August 8, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: Alex K