Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rethinking Dark Matter/Dark energy....
Rethinking Dark Matter/Dark energy....
One scientist says the expansion of the universe can be explained without it. 

Now, I have to admit, the wording and math is lost on me. But, when scientists have competing ideas, those are long term settled with peer review. So for the eggheads out there, read this and tell me what you think. Is Dark Matter/Dark Energy simply a educated idea, but wrong?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...113013.htm
RE: Rethinking Dark Matter/Dark energy....
Here's a comment on the paper by Sabine Hossenfelder, who knows what she is.talking about bc. she works on quantum gravity

http://backreaction.blogspot.de/2017/11/...r.html?m=1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 7, 2017 at 5:44 pm)Alex K Wrote: Here's a comment on the paper by Sabine Hossenfelder, who knows what she is.talking about bc. she works on quantum gravity

That's an awesome link,  because Maeder is actively defending his(?) equations and they are going back and forth pretty vigorously, each claiming the other doesn't comprehend the salient mathematical principles underlying the issue.  Insulting cat memes incoming soon, methinks. Big Grin
It is almost like a throwback to classic cosmology of the late 1800's. Both ways of thinking about the universe may be correct, and both may be wrong. They each have aspects of truth, but lack the right contexts.

Dark matter and dark energy are prototypes in theory of things which explain numerous anomolies in the universe, but it is the ill defined nature/physical properties of these elements that have left the door open to a lot of speculation.

One of the main obstacles in understanding the universe is the idea that what we call matter, by which, and in which we live, is at the top of the energy model, having the most significance in the universe.
But the theories of dark matter etc, are closer to the truth, that matter as we experience, is at the lower end of the scale in energy and significance. 
This suggests and can lead to the concept, that the universe is a product of greater energy which has been allowed to settle to a lower state.
The BB theory accounts for this in part, but it has assumed that there are no greater forces than those which operate within our material realm.
And for this reason amoung others, the BB theory is not plausible, and it rather should have been a Big Implosion if anything.

The idea that other forces, greater than gravity cause the movements and relations in the universe remains on track with the truth.
(December 23, 2017 at 10:09 am)Starhunter Wrote: It is almost like a throwback to classic cosmology of the late 1800's. Both ways of thinking about the universe may be correct, and both may be wrong. They each have aspects of truth, but lack the right contexts.

Dark matter and dark energy are prototypes in theory of things which explain numerous anomolies in the universe, but it is the ill defined nature/physical properties of these elements that have left the door open to a lot of speculation.

One of the main obstacles in understanding the universe is the idea that what we call matter, by which, and in which we live, is at the top of the energy model, having the most significance in the universe.
But the theories of dark matter etc, are closer to the truth, that matter as we experience, is at the lower end of the scale in energy and significance. 
This suggests and can lead to the concept, that the universe is a product of greater energy which has been allowed to settle to a lower state.
The BB theory accounts for this in part, but it has assumed that there are no greater forces than those which operate within our material realm.
And for this reason amoung others, the BB theory is not plausible, and it rather should have been a Big Implosion if anything.

The idea that other forces, greater than gravity cause the movements and relations in the universe remains on track with the truth.

Um no Star, a sky wizard is not required as a gap answer.

And just so you know, every religion pulls the same crap. When they cant flat out debunk science, they all try to get science to point to their club.

Google the following each separately and take note of all the link results.

"Muslim science" 
"Jewish science"
"Buddhist science"
"Hindu science"

What QM has yet to solve will not lead to a cosmic leprechaun and pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Humans make up religions because it gives them a false sense of comfort.
(December 23, 2017 at 1:22 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 23, 2017 at 10:09 am)Starhunter Wrote: It is almost like a throwback to classic cosmology of the late 1800's. Both ways of thinking about the universe may be correct, and both may be wrong. They each have aspects of truth, but lack the right contexts.

Um no Star, a sky wizard is not required as a gap answer.

And just so you know, every religion pulls the same crap. When they cant flat out debunk science, they all try to get science to point to their club.

Google the following each separately and take note of all the link results.

"Muslim science" 
"Jewish science"
"Buddhist science"
"Hindu science"

What QM has yet to solve will not lead to a cosmic leprechaun and pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Humans make up religions because it gives them a false sense of comfort.

"Sky wizard" or any such reference is not written in my post, and neither is it inferred.
(December 7, 2017 at 7:42 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(December 7, 2017 at 5:44 pm)Alex K Wrote: Here's a comment on the paper by Sabine Hossenfelder, who knows what she is.talking about bc. she works on quantum gravity

That's an awesome link,  because Maeder is actively defending his(?) equations and they are going back and forth pretty vigorously, each claiming the other doesn't comprehend the salient mathematical principles underlying the issue.  Insulting cat memes incoming soon, methinks. Big Grin

Seems like Maeder got owned by her. Exchange over.
(December 7, 2017 at 12:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: One scientist says the expansion of the universe can be explained without it. 

Now, I have to admit, the wording and math is lost on me. But, when scientists have competing ideas, those are long term settled with peer review. So for the eggheads out there, read this and tell me what you think. Is Dark Matter/Dark Energy simply a educated idea, but wrong?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...113013.htm

Yes, DM is total secret.
The Bible gives all the necessary clues as to what constitutes the background forces of matter, and how matter emerges from that background.

Discussing it is quite easy, provided there is open mindedness and a thorough knowledge of the operating principles within the universe.
"Magic book has all the answers"

Well shit boys, close up shop.  Ignorant goatherders had already figured out the cosmos.

Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark matter vs. MOND LinuxGal 3 529 August 23, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 581 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Science Nerds: Could Jupiter's Magnetic Field be harvested for energy? vulcanlogician 28 2143 August 7, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Origin of Matter RedSox 50 18536 June 13, 2017 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Anti-Matter at CERN chimp3 24 3372 December 21, 2016 at 7:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Newest super-sensitive test failed to catch a Dark Matter particle. Why? theBorg 40 5997 August 21, 2016 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  First collisions at the LHC with unprecedented Energy! (Ask a particle physisicist) Alex K 385 55676 August 8, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: Alex K
  A dark bulb ErGingerbreadMandude 29 2961 July 11, 2016 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Jake Long
  Could this explian what Dark matter and Dark energy is? Blueyedlion 49 7181 June 13, 2016 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Does the Law of Conservation of Matter/Energy Disallow Time Travel? Ari Sheffield 52 10641 March 24, 2016 at 5:04 am
Last Post: robvalue