Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
(October 23, 2017 at 11:36 am)Shell B Wrote: I gained weight when I quit smoking too. It's a good with the bad thing. I'd give you advice on how to keep yourself from snacking, but I don't know how to do that.

Neither do I.  But I've got a couple of broad strategies in place that help.

We don't keep super desirable snacks in the house.  If we -or either one of us alone- wants something super decadent we have to make a special trip to have that out somewhere.  This avoids some too-rich impulsive snacking.  The go-to snacks I do keep around the house are BelVita breakfast biscuits and THINaddictives.  Both of those come in individually wrapped servings.  I find half a package of the BelVita will satisfy with a cup of tea in the morning and I can eat the other two biscuits with tea in the afternoon.  The THINaddictives are even less tempting and come three smaller cookies to a pkg.  A whole pkg of the THINaddictives are 130 calories while a whole pkg of the BelVita are 230.

Either one of us is free to bring other things home and we no longer have to hide them from each other.  But we don't help ourselves to the other's transgressions.  It is hard enough controlling one's own impulses without feeling competitive about keeping up with your partner's indulgences.  Lia loves these apple turnovers and has one everyday.  I prefer a scone but am content to get one three days a week on my walk home from Pilates.  

Right now I have this thin peach & blueberry galette I picked up at TJ's.  Every day I have either one Mochi covered mango ice cream ball dessert (100 cal) at night or else an 1/8 off the galette (200 cal).  The Mochis are always on hand.  Only occasionally do I have options.  I'm better off without the options but - hey, I had a weak moment in the store and it looked good.  But the one dessert at night habit at least gives me a way to work it into the lineup.

(October 23, 2017 at 11:47 am)Industrial Lad Wrote: I stopped my diabetes meds. My sugars aren't just under control they're almost normal.

Goes to show how we can literally eat ourselves sick.  Or in your case do the opposite.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by Whateverist - October 23, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3239 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1045 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 23398 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5624 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2624 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3831 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6594 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox