Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did humanity just cross that line?
RE: Did humanity just cross that line?
(July 4, 2017 at 5:09 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: I didn't find a more suitable section to post my thoughts at.

But few days ago; I got my hands on a VR headset. The technology was quite off my radar, I just didn't think the Software & Engineering community was capable to develop virtual reality, under such a low price.

A headset from Google can cost you 10$ only. It's cheap.

I downloaded a free app, and I put on the headset. I was blown away. Literally.
All the sci-fi movies I ever remembered just crossed my head.

Oh my God. Humanity did climb utter heights if you ask me. While people die from hunger, others just bury their eyes in a plastic box and claim the didn't hear nobody screaming.

The whole concept of the technology is illusion. The image is a 2D flat image. People dying from hunger is 4D and real.

Humanity did cross the line. We could've end hunger. We could've end poverty. We could've end lots and lots of sicknesses.
But instead; we chose a fare similar to the M.A.T.R.I.X

Why I posted this here is pretty simple: what do you think as a religious person, an atheist?
I do believe in God even more, because when I see the coldness humans reached, I just remember why hell is justified, why earth is literally being butchered by many humans.

1. Stop being impressed by cardboard VR dammit! AR is much more impressive (and magic leap has promised a product demo "soon" Tongue )
2. Science isn't a linear thing where VR is on the same page as world hunger. Believe it or not those issues are a lot more complex than tricking the brain by showing two different images at the same time. In fact they are so complex that our human brains might not be capable of tackling them fully without the help of AI.
3. A concept isn't the same thing as illusion, besides technology exists and you are using it... get on with the times
4. You need to define what "line" humanity seems to have crossed. If you mean humanity has proven decisively that it can progress much better without religion dragging it down, then well, that has been proven for a while now. If you think the line is a matrix like vr dystopian existence, that line is at the very least not within our lifetimes. So relax and enjoy your cardboard.

PS: if you wanna try, cardboard AR kit blueprints are available online too, and you should be able to build one for around 10$ as well.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Did humanity just cross that line? - by WinterHold - July 4, 2017 at 5:09 am
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by vorlon13 - July 4, 2017 at 5:34 am
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by vorlon13 - July 5, 2017 at 11:56 am
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by Aoi Magi - July 4, 2017 at 5:51 am
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by Succubus - July 4, 2017 at 6:16 am
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by Chad32 - July 5, 2017 at 12:58 pm
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by drfuzzy - July 5, 2017 at 4:57 pm
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by Astonished - July 5, 2017 at 7:36 pm
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by vorlon13 - July 5, 2017 at 8:19 pm
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by Godscreated - July 6, 2017 at 12:53 am
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by drfuzzy - July 6, 2017 at 2:07 pm
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by drfuzzy - July 8, 2017 at 12:40 pm
RE: Did humanity just cross that line? - by Dropship - July 8, 2017 at 3:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does humanity deserve Corona? WinterHold 285 19431 July 15, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4541 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I wear a cross around my neck russiangj2 18 3785 March 7, 2015 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Open letter to hard line muslims lifesagift 0 1003 November 13, 2014 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: lifesagift
  Would atheists be disappointed if humanity was seeded? repentsinners 15 3561 November 25, 2013 at 6:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Humanity's Punishment: If it was a court case. bladevalant546 68 23080 September 4, 2013 at 3:33 am
Last Post: catfish
  The Actual Cross of Jesus Discovered! JesusHChrist 18 5659 August 3, 2013 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist