Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Humanity's Punishment: If it was a court case.
Humanity's Punishment: If it was a court case.
So let us examine this judgment to eternal damnation in a court like setting.

Unbeliever’s crimes: Basically not believing in god, thus does not alleviate the "sin" from his life. This sin "nature" has its origins in the fall of man. Reference Genesis 1 and 2 for the complete story. So we will in turn look at the origin of this sin "nature" as it is relevant to the unbeliever's case.

Exhibit A: God created the universe and everything in it, also created the angels, which brings us to the next Exhibit.

Exhibit B: Lucifer, Devil, Satan, he goes by many aliases. For this demonstration we will keep it formal and call him Mr. D. Mr. D was created by God much like mankind was according to the testimony of God's word. With this said, it is safe to assume with the creation of Mr. D, that Mr. D personality was also a result of God's work.

Exhibit C: The fall of Mr. D as explained through several, however questionable sources was that Mr. D was prideful and wanted to be like god. Now since we only have God and the testimony of his angels, which follow a military like structure. The eye witness of the fall of Mr. D credibility is questionable. Why is this? Conflict of interest, since we do not have any neutral party. We cannot simply assume that the events stated by God and his angelic employees are creditable. Thus we cannot judge Mr. D intentions or motivations and this will be discarded.

Exhibit D: After the war in heaven event Mr. D is then cast to the earth. There he hold some sort of vendetta against god, this in turn will bring us into the fall of man event.

Exhibit E: God creates earth and mankind, making man first and woman second. The intelligence of these beings are unknown and we have to fully question their cognitive abilities to make sound judgment. God also now creates two trees, according to his own witness There was the tree of life and tree of knowledge, he gives orders not to eat of the tree of knowledge. The penalty of course is death. This brings us into another issue, due to the questionable cognitive abilities of mankind, do they have the mental facilities to follow such command? This brings us into another factor, God has knowledge of Mr. D being on the planet. God also has valid reason to suspect Mr. D will in fact attempt to mislead mankind. Mankind in a possible vulnerable state and God knowing this does nothing.

The crime: So as the story goes, Eve is possible isolated from Adam and thus vulnerable. There with a simple word game Mr. D tempts Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge that god put there intentionally. We have to question not mankind’s, or Mr. D's judgment but god. If mankind did not have the cognitive facilities to reason out a simple command, that responsibility lies with the creator.

Counterclaim and conclusion: Based on the summarized case, I forward the motion that any judgment to hell to unbeliever is lifted due to technicality. This technicality is the accusation of entrapment. Reason being God being the creator was responsible for Mr. D's actions as his creator. God's creation of mankind with plausible cognitive limitations and the intentional placement of a substance that will cause mortal and in this case immortal harm. In summary, Eve was not presented a fair and just set of circumstances, mankind's case has not been fairly reviewed by due process. The unbeliever of a reasonable moral standard should be relieved of all charges. Due to limitations on reliable information we cannot investigate if there was malicious intent on the side of Gods.

It might be little messy as work did not allow a deep proofread. Enjoy the premise though! I posted this some time back, I wondering if the reasoning is sound considering my source is the bible.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: Humanity's Punishment: If it was a court case.
If there were any justice, god's attorney would be facing sanctions, and the judge would order the bailiff to give god a swift KITN.
It's highly apparent you are not a lawyer, you used only two chapters out of an entire book to bring a case. You do not even know what they say and you gave speculation and no proof, sad, really sad.

Smile GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Fucking A!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVzp4MJRKHc
(August 26, 2013 at 4:30 pm)Godschild Wrote: It's highly apparent you are not a lawyer, you used only two chapters out of an entire book to bring a case. You do not even know what they say and you gave speculation and no proof, sad, really sad.

Smile GC

Understood, however as stated the case is based on the premise of the intital judgment which totally according to the bible created our sin nature. This sin nature thus caused all the snowball effect we see today.

So you have explinations rebutting each exhibit?

I'd say that's a nope.
So, good idea for a thread, whose gonna start off the rebuttal? Why isn't it gods fault?

Any takers?

Come to think of it, GC, would you like to present the parts of the bible that nullify what Blade said? Yes? Hmm? Anything?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
If it's a court case, and a criminal one, don't we have to convince the jury beyond all reasonable doubt? That just flew out the window if god is omnipotent and can manipulate everyone. And did so not very surreptitiously.
(August 26, 2013 at 9:18 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: If it's a court case, and a criminal one, don't we have to convince the jury beyond all reasonable doubt? That just flew out the window if god is omnipotent and can manipulate everyone. And did so not very surreptitiously.
Ahh yes you objection would hold water. However, the only witness of this perception are the Abrahamic religions. With that said, those are the only reliable witness to his omnipresence. That means we cannot take his omnipotence seriously. However, we have Mr. D as the witness to the fall regardless of the possible malicious intent. We can ascertain that God did have foreknowledge and intent when placing the tree in the garden.

(Okay I am having fun with this, I do fear it might get out of hand.)

[Image: 1233364_157312397797291_1596881499_n.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP4i6tRGw7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHiT_vLIN4w
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
God will give you what you deserve in the end, He is faithful to do so.

Smile GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does humanity deserve Corona? WinterHold 285 17808 July 15, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Should Theists have the burden of proof at the police and court? Vast Vision 16 5219 July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  Did humanity just cross that line? WinterHold 33 8495 July 8, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Margaret Court -another moron. ignoramus 13 3889 June 25, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  So..... Not Only God but a Court Says "FUCK YOU." Minimalist 53 10421 March 12, 2015 at 3:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Eternal punishment is pointless. Ryantology 497 58993 December 5, 2014 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  The Curious Case of Coeur d'Alene StealthySkeptic 4 1521 October 24, 2014 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  No rational case for God = increasingly desperate attacks on atheists Mudhammam 58 14424 July 19, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  The Case For A Non-Absolute Morality BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5066 December 22, 2013 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Would atheists be disappointed if humanity was seeded? repentsinners 15 3470 November 25, 2013 at 6:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas