Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Leftists Purging History or Al Queda in America
RE: Leftists Purging History or Al Queda in America
(August 18, 2017 at 10:46 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(August 18, 2017 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: You can take what you know from your google education and leftwing indoctrination about Southern culture and ancestory and shove it all up your narrow minded snowflake ass.

Hey, asshole, you're talking to a white Southerner, born in Texas of Texans. I'm not looking for any safe spot. I want our country to stop treating people like my brother-in-law, nieces, and nephew as second-class citizens. Part of that means not honoring the folks who fought to keep their ancestors in bondage.

Look, I know you're about as stupid as the day is long, but I'm surprised I have to spell out this point -- it's fairly obvious, I'd think. I guess some folk just aren't suitably equipped for thinking. Sorry to see you're one of them.

(August 18, 2017 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: If racism and slavery and white red necks is all you think Southern culture is, then you are one petty and bigoted prick.

Well, you can rest your upset thoughts, then, because I know better than to ascribe to such a stupid caricature; after all, I grew up here, in part, and have lived here easily half my life.

(August 18, 2017 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: Many of their ancestors who served in the Confederate army weren't slave owners.

Of course not, you dolt. That's another thing I didn't say.

It's as if you'd rather argue with someone else. If you want to address my points, address my points, not your fevered imaginings. Fuckin' idiot.

(August 18, 2017 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: They were southerners who merely fought for the sole purpose of defending their states and their homes. Here's some more for your alligator mouth vs your jaybird ass to think about: Something that goes totally unmentioned by the identity politics of the left is that there were also free blacks, in uniform, who served in the Confederate army.

Give me numbers from a reputable source. I want to see how many blacks flocked to the colors to defend the institution of slavery.

(August 18, 2017 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: If you want to harp on Southern racism, as someone else previously posted, there was also racism in the Northern army where white soldiers threatened to desert if they had to serve alongside with blacks.

No shit, Sherlock? Wow, aren't you the educated one! Of course I know this.

(August 18, 2017 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: So should we start tearing down statues and monuments of Ulysses Grant and William Sherman, now? After that, let's move on to tearing down statues dedicated to Theodore Roosevelt because similar events happened under his command during the Spanish-American War.

The difference is that the culmination of the life's work of all these men was not the defense of slavery. Also, you can let me know when they've committed treason by taking up arms against their nation.

You're so busy lapping up the talking-points you've been spoon-fed that you're not bothering to think things through at all. I guess I shouldn't blame you, given the paucity of equipment you have to devote to the task of thinking, but even so, stupid as you are, you need to start thinking for yourself.

(August 18, 2017 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: From there, let's move on to taking down statues dedicated to well known democrats from history, because, not only were some of them Klan members, but also that the Klan has its roots in the democrat party. So where do you want to stop in tearing down historical monuments that offend you?

I don't care about political affiliation. Why should that matter at all?

This issue is about human beings, not your political ends.

(August 18, 2017 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: Here's a thought for your self proclaimed libertarian views, since there were free blacks who served in the Confederate army, instead of tearing down monuments of Lee and Jackson and white Confederate soldiers, why not erect statues and monuments dedicated to the black Confederate soldiers along side the existing white Confederate statues and monuments?

Here's a thought: let's put those statues in museums rather than parks. Let's put them in museums where the educational material can explain everything these guys did, and what, exactly , they were fighting for. And it wasn't about states' rights:

Quote:(4) No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.

[...]

In all such territory the institution of negro slavery, as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected be Congress and by the Territorial government; and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories shall have the right to take to such Territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the States or Territories of the Confederate States.

No Confederate state had the right to outlaw slavery. If the war was about states' rights, why didn't the rebels first overthrow their own government for abrogating those rights in these clauses?  That's right! Move to the head of the class. This war was fought because the Confederate states seceded. Why did they secede? Because they saw the writing on the wall and knew that they would eventually be outvoted in Congress, and that at that time slavery would be outlawed. They seceded because that was the only way they could preserve slavery in the face of the nation's westward expansion and the Missouri Compromise.

You can dance around that fact with your appeals to heritage, but that is the brute fact. The fact that you value statues honoring those who fought to defend slavery more than you value the feelings of the descendants of slaves says a lot about you, kid ... and none of it is good.

(August 18, 2017 at 10:18 am)KevinM1 Wrote: Anyone who says 'snowflake' seriously is an idiot.  Full stop.

I took it as a racial slur.  [Image: UjAhMCk.gif]

Bold mine.

This is the kicker for me: these people, who are supposedly so offended by the notion of the  statues coming down...are they really that emotionally invested in their standing?  Or, is it more about not giving the other side the satisfaction?  Know your place blackies!  Amah right, A Theist? 😉
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leftists Purging History or Al Queda in America - by LadyForCamus - August 18, 2017 at 11:05 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America's newest chess master Foxaèr 9 534 May 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 710 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 874 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 5169 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History WinterHold 0 295 March 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2739 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2484 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
  This day in active shooter history..... Brian37 46 3643 February 24, 2019 at 2:18 pm
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4535 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
  America is introducing 3D-printed guns now Alexmahone 29 2684 August 1, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: TaraJo