Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 3:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if you found out God existed
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed
(October 26, 2017 at 2:21 pm)wallym Wrote:
(October 26, 2017 at 12:59 pm)Shell B Wrote: Interestingly enough, within the grand scheme of things, little things happen. These smaller events may not be so grand as seeing all of space and time, but they have an impact on the so-called children god supposedly loves so much. There is no big picture that would excuse the rape of infants, cancer in small children, innocents starving to death, women in the bush getting raped with rifles so hard their anuses and vaginas become a single hole, etc. These are all things that indisputably happen on this planet. It would seem your god is ignoring the "little" picture. I think you're a kind and thoughtful person, CL, but dismissing atheist arguments as being simply unable to understand how all-knowing god is is doesn't cut it.

You can excuse those things without God with little difficulty by simply not believing people are inherently important.

The trick is reconciling God who allegedly believes people are inherently important and the actions.  I can't do it.  But I can't do a lot of things.  And that's in the real world, let alone a hypothetical world involving infinite amounts of things I can't know.

(October 26, 2017 at 1:13 pm)Captain_Nemo Wrote: is it searching for truth then ok, if not then please get out slave, cause nothing else can help You to be free) 

This is the big joke at the end of the rainbow.  The truth, like everything else, doesn't mean shit.  You do not get bonus extra points on your deathbed if you spent your life seeking the truth rather than believing nonsense.

You do. Truth causes awereness - whatever comes at the other side can be better dealt with if Your mental faculties have developed.

I believe death to be something like being born. The difference is that Your body has been growing according to the blueprint that is embedded in our DNA. With life and a soul with have free will. Our own choices make us who we are.  (just as an example) Lets say on the other side everybody will be playing soccer if You did not remember here to develop legs this would put You in a rather akward position. There are things about which we can be sure. Some things are impermanent, on other things we can speculate, other seem to be more permanent than time and space. I could not imagine a world were 2+2 is something different than 4.

Let's say that our own existence is a fact.
If You thought Yourself how to extract happiness from this piece of information and You do not cease to exist after death then happiness should stay with You under most circumstances, right?

(October 26, 2017 at 4:46 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(October 26, 2017 at 1:13 pm)Captain_Nemo Wrote: I would just like to add one tiny observation.

The problem appeared when the thing called "Lie" was invented or it just happened does not matter.

Now truth is something that is really really difficult to handle and generate.

But but but but, lies are easy and most people use them and hence the ratio of truth to lie in the general spectrum of information is like 99,9999999% lies and 0,0000001 truth.

With time this ratio is getting worse and worse, since we as humans tend to repeat information that came from other sources and since lies are becoming more abundant.

Now here truth appears again. Ones truth is grasped by a human being in any field, be it social or scientific they gain a powertool, which according to the calculations of any powerstructure they should not have and hence they have to be eliminated, intimidated (example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNDWvejza4c). Now grasping one truth does not make a difference, but if You have a whole bunch of them it makes a difference. That is why even parents with atheistic views send their children to catholic schools, even they can see (I mean God or atheist is just one truth - in my opinion the whole question is much simpler and broader. Its just this - what is Your life about - is it searching for truth then ok, if not then please get out slave, cause nothing else can help You to be free) that their children will gain more in such a school.

What would happen if somebody would like to create a truth generator?
He would die - its what Jesus did and hence his words deserve reverence and should be taken into consideration. Even if one were to assume that he was just a human the nature of truth does not depend on the transmitter. It would not matter if it is a book, on a CD or floppy drive. Truth if it is really the truth is easily verifialable through experimantation. The funny thing about Jesus is, that the cross and his death says it all. Its such a small peace of information that it cannot be manipulated.

Here one just has to look at people who allowed God into their lives to see how it changed. One just has to look for such people they are not popular - the powerstructure is anti-truth. To mind comes Gloria Polo from Columbia. Saint Paul said, just try it out and see. You gotta stick to it for a while though, its like going to the GYM You want see any difference unless You change diet and really work out. Its like GYM for the spirit, once it kicks in its like a drug it just causes those strange things that make You gasp with awe.

I think you're new here so first of all welcome.  But can you summarize a point from this post.  I read it but wasn't sure what you were trying to say.  "Truth" is simply the correspondence between something expressed with language and the way things actually are in the world.  I have no idea what significance you are attaching to "the truth".  Every proposition that correctly maps to the world is "a" truth.  Which proposition(s) are you referring to when you use the expression "the truth", and why?

The difference between "a" and "the" would lie in the scope of observation.
THE truth would fit reality/the big picture - always be true - like 2+2 is always 4. Only GOD could have generated THE truth in regards to things like human nature, the point of existence.
A truth fits only under certain circumstances.

This is also one of those things that made me a believer. Since reality is a self-explanatory paradox, where grasping all elements is impossible because of the size of the big picture - if somebody were to be able to build rules that always fit we could assume that his way of seeing is better than other humans. We can check the connection between a few elements and see how they fit together. With Jesus its different. Its like a guy came from somewhere who was able to say something that no matter how much You try to disprove - it always fits into this thing called reality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by c172 - October 6, 2017 at 12:31 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by Joods - October 13, 2017 at 10:04 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 14, 2017 at 7:10 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by Captain_Nemo - October 27, 2017 at 5:15 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:56 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:54 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:13 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 7:05 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:00 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:04 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:08 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 1:54 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 4:32 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 6:11 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 29, 2017 at 10:27 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - November 4, 2017 at 10:21 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - November 4, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 6225 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3300 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4702 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1429 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2882 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4240 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2304 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15701 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 6962 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2603 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon