Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 7:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does.
RE: The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does.
(April 1, 2018 at 6:18 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: We hate the Shamans and Prophets of old, but they steered humans to believing in self-worth.

Actually they did the exact opposite. They fed people with feelings of guilt, shame and original sin.

And they gave women the idea that covering themselves up is a good idea...

Religion is absolutely the worst thing to happen to worldwide self-worth.

You couldn't be more wrong about this.

Quote:What if you realized there is no justifying value without God but that God was impossible to exist, what you would do?

I'd hopefully realize my previous realization was a silly and false one.

Quote:I thought I was at that point in that thread. I wanted to believe so badly that value is possible in the Atheism paradigm, but I couldn't believe it.

Yet I thought God was impossible.

You want to see how emotionally traumatized I was, just read that thread.

Values are better without God. So calm down dude.

(April 1, 2018 at 6:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Lots of great posters there.  All of whom make a great deal more sense than you.

I really miss Kichi and ZB.

For those who don't know, when MK quoted DoubtVsFaith.... that's me Big Grin

(April 1, 2018 at 6:48 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 1, 2018 at 6:47 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I read a lot. I am a people of many books. Get back with me if you have read "The Selfish Gene" .

Bro, what you are stating is quite irrelevant to the conversation in that thread.

Actually it's the whole subject of the thread... no wonder you're feeling crappy about the thread if you haven't even read it correctly!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does. - by Edwardo Piet - April 3, 2018 at 2:07 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everything & Nothing possibletarian 0 696 January 13, 2020 at 5:42 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  My Journey from Mormonism to Atheism InquiringMind 10 1756 September 21, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Must We Know Everything? Jenny A 24 3696 March 19, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Doubting Thomas Exian 15 1844 September 6, 2014 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Life is at the center of everything Heywood 48 13333 March 12, 2014 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This pretty much sums everything up Mudhammam 2 1239 January 16, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Theory of Everything (unifying faith and reason) wisdom searcher 38 15877 April 1, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: oxymoron