Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does.
RE: The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does.
I am saying his statement is relative, and is only true from some understanding.

The problem is people sometimes take statements as absolute truth. Obviously the words you put is not an axiom because it has an opposite.

It reminds of the verse "You did not throw when you threw but God threw", in that they are all contradictory. "You did not" contradicts "you threw" and "You did not" is contradicted by "but God threw", and it is in fact, what confirms it from another angle.

What does the law of contradiction say about this in logic. It's none-sense at all layers. But it's a truth.

So to me, axioms are not useful to be defined. Rather, we are to see things through their proper angles.

And to see properly you don't assert, you see. And you look to increase in perspective. Discussion is important, but sometimes if people pressure you to leave truth, you eventually will, and if they pressure to embrace falsehood, you might.

I believe in true statements, but their angles could never be properly expressed in axioms. They have to be experienced. Language is a communicator.

There is no probably no way to make an absolute statement that is true in all angles. This includes every statement in Quran.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does. - by MysticKnight - April 3, 2018 at 10:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everything & Nothing possibletarian 0 696 January 13, 2020 at 5:42 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  My Journey from Mormonism to Atheism InquiringMind 10 1756 September 21, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Must We Know Everything? Jenny A 24 3696 March 19, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Doubting Thomas Exian 15 1844 September 6, 2014 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Life is at the center of everything Heywood 48 13333 March 12, 2014 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This pretty much sums everything up Mudhammam 2 1239 January 16, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Theory of Everything (unifying faith and reason) wisdom searcher 38 15877 April 1, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: oxymoron