Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 10:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 9, 2018 at 11:16 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(August 9, 2018 at 11:06 pm)chimp3 Wrote: [*]

Fuck that shit. I owned an older home that had an add on with a flat roof. After the purchase of the home and securing the mortgage the insurance company decides that the flat roof is a.liability and threatens to cancel my insurance. So, I paid $1500 for a contractor to install a rubberised roof that met specs. I left state for two months to deal with unfinished business. While  I was gone these local pre and early teen skaters decided that climbing the unused CB radio tower onto my flat roof and using it as a skate park was too cool to pass up. They totally fucked up the roof and  had leaks into the add on. Cost me thousands and an increase to my insurance payments. Set the hounds on those little fuckers next time.
[*]

'tis a shame that the contractor didn't also broadcast white rocks onto that roof, to increase the albedo and reduce the cooling costs. Here in sunny California, a flat roof gets a rock texture, with rocks in the 1" or so range. Skate on that, little fuckers. NB- I had a skateboard as a kid, but only surfed sidewalks or the street. That other shit like handrails, roofs and so forth were not something I ever participated in. Around here, handrails have bumps welded on to discourage that "grind" shit.
[*]

Here in Kentucky we have over 40 inches of annual rain. Rocks just retain moisture. But the rain did not wreck my.roof. Skaters did.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by chimp3 - August 9, 2018 at 11:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18777 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 721 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15475 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4122 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1710 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus