Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 6:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
What I've seen from Jordan Peterson I thought was brilliant. The best thing I've seen him discuss is his critique of academia - what he says on that is SO TRUE and completely resonates with me as a Canadian university student. He is the first person I've heard to call out fringe liberal ideologies dominating specific university fields when they are in fact not grounded in any sort of proper academic rigour.  I was actually blown away when I first saw him speak because he was so accurate in his criticism, and vocalized things that have been perplexing me since my first year of study (namely, why is there a small section of academia promoting a specific ideological end instead of following a proper methodology to do research?).

I am not familiar with his other stances, and probably don't agree with him on everything because I think he is more conservative than I am, but his critique of these university fields is spot on and makes me respect him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by shadow - August 10, 2018 at 10:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18769 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 721 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15474 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4122 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1710 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus