Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
Quote:Tizheruk is right-- the respect that we generally have for you as a cool-minded person adds credibility to what you're saying that I wouldn't assume in his case. 
Same to you

Quote:My opinion of humanity overall is fairly negative. More and more, I'm convinced by Khemikal and others in their arguments about free will being illusory, and the "Well, what then?" is best answered by evolution-- we act as we do because that's what we are. 
Not even close to the best solution 

Quote:I would say the majority of women ARE cunts. This is not exactly because they are female, but because human beings are petty, spiteful and selfish, and are so very much because of the success of their gradually-increasing cuntiness through millions of years of evolution. I would also say that the majority of men are fuckface assholes, for the same reason. So all this human drama that's unfolding about gender issues and so on is really just 4 billion cunts duking it out with 4 billion fuckface assholes in a pile of shit. I dislike about half the people I meet almost instantly, and I'm sure that at least that many hate me-- and boy, do we all deserve each other. And I think we all know this. For everyone woman his is enraged by misogynistic words used by men, I'd bet a hundred dollars she's thought, "That bitch in the supermarket was such a cunt" at least once or twice a week.
Pessimism at it's finest and  women thinking something possibly does not justify men doing it .

Quote:That's also why we can have the technology to save the world, but instead we use cat memes to explain why we don't care to bother. I feel sorry for all the other animals that have to stand by helplessly while we find new ways to fuck them.
More Pessimism 

(August 15, 2018 at 2:08 am)robvalue Wrote: He made himself a celebrity by continuing to misrepresent a change in the law regarding transgender being a protected class in Canada. He either didn't understand the law and refused to admit this later, or else deliberately created a straw man of it.

Whether or not he has genuine points to go with this is irrelevant. This is cashing in on people's ignorance and prejudice, while being a completely dishonest douche. Like I said, he'd be a good politician.

If that isn't enough to make someone suspicious of him, then there's not much more I can say. I'm not saying everything he's done is bad. I just happen to have become aware of him at the tail end of his career, and it's not flattering.
No my friend it's not flattering in the least Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by Amarok - August 15, 2018 at 2:24 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18741 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 720 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15471 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4120 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1708 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus