Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 16, 2018 at 12:24 am)Khemikal Wrote: OFC you are.  You're a victim even if you fight back..but I think it's interesting that you're trying to rehabilitate this view as soon as I frame it in right wing paranoia speak. 
I've already framed it this way, several pages ago.

Quote: 
So you aren't being white genocided or identity politiced to death........?  Imagine that.  
I can't take responsibility for saying any of that. I'm saying that I've been on the receiving end of identity politics, that the effects are real, and that this puts me against much of the "left."

Although, I frankly don't see them as the left, because when ideas are forced to be accepted at the point of social consequence, we're talking about a fascism of the left, not the supportive, loving laborers that I grew up knowing as democrats.

Quote:You virtue signaled and got nothing.  Why do you think that is?  
Because it's a pointless and valueless endeavor, and I shouldn't have done it.

Quote:
Quote:The most dishonest person is one who pretends even to himself to have feelings, because he's been told he's supposed to.  And there's a lot of that, in every walk of life.  So in order for me to speak with real integrity, I have to say-- I simply don't give a shit about any of these issues.  Can't make me.  Not gonna do it.
You think so?  Maybe..and I'm just spitballing..but it might actually be the case that people who say they're disgusted by right wing shit..... actually are disgusted by rightwing shit? 
I didn't say that many left wing people aren't sincere about their politics. I'm saying that if I pretend to identify with identity-based politics of the kind we're talking about, "I" would be insincere and dishonest.

Quote:Well..sure, if you really are a dick then yeah..you should own it. But if you're a dick because dishonest people have manipulated you into thinking insane things by leveraging your pathological phobias.........
I know what I like and dislike, and how I want to live. That's my political position. Fuck the college PC crowd for covering their incompetency in PC dogma. And fuck the American right for putting a fucking orangutan in the office of the president.

"Dick" is just shorthand for "refuse to adopt my world view, and unapologetic about it."

(August 16, 2018 at 12:24 am)Khemikal Wrote: You think the left wing would bring education and music and making money to a screeching halt? That's.......incredibly interesting.  

No, I don't think that nor did I say it. I think that if I were to involve myself in left wing identity politics, which I care little about except when it inconveniences me-- if I were to INVEST myself in those ideas and causes in order not to be called a dick, then that would bring MY personal growth to a screeching halt. I have way more on my plate than I can handle, and I pump out achievements that make me happy for about an hour before I go the next item on my list. That's my "way of the warrior."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - August 16, 2018 at 12:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18765 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 721 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15472 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4122 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1710 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus