Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 5:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 23, 2018 at 12:10 am)Khemikal Wrote: You've presented examples of how you came to think the way you do in this very thread.  Sure, you swear up and down that they had nothing to do with you thinking exactly what you're supposed to take from them..but hey...it's not as if there hasn't always been a subcult of white grievance in N. America.  
I've never said that society is fair or equal, or that things shouldn't be done about it. That you take my arguments about one thing, and generalize and put up straw men to rage about, is becoming more and more understandable, but not much more interesting.

Quote:You mean..gasp..you'd do away with the current working model of american prisons?  You SJW you!  What makes you think the prisoners would be more profitable than the prison complex?  See, that's what they're competing against.  A profit motive to mass incarceration fueling lobbyists who work to increase minimum sentences and criminalize as much as they possibly can..and boy howdy is it worth alot of money.  Still ignoring that inconvenient bit about how they got in there, I guess..but hey..baby steps.
It's only SJW if you are using it as an excuse to virtue signal rather than as a recognition of a real problem with pragmatic solutions that need to be found.

I'm not ignoring any of what you're saying about prisons. And I believe (unless I deleted it for a simplification and forgot to put it back in) that I mentioned the methods of incarceration already, and my solution.

I think the jobs program I outlined should be offered as a condition of release, based on the crime-- specifically, marijuana possession especially when it constituted a 3rd strike, resisting arrest when the person wasn't originally under warrant, and so on. But I would very specifically NOT make it about them being black, because you don't need to.

For example, I'd release all those who were given a 3rd strike based on a marijuana possession charge, or who were charged with resisting arrest when they never had a warrant against them in the first place. You couldn't catch all the unfair arrests, or maybe even most of them, but you could get a heck of a lot of them. And since most of the bad arrests were against black people, most of the restorations back into public life would be black people, too.

That would just be a start, but my point is that it should satisfy the need of the left to see preferential improvements in favor of the black demographic, but without having to make some kind of Black Restititution Freedom Act or something like that.

False arrests are different. That's very tricky, because police individually have to have the capacity to make judgment calls in the field, but cops in some regions are very clearly making arrest decisions based on racial prejudice.

Quote:While I'm on the subject...maybe you should take a look at the timing you referenced above?  You might realize the the whole pc/culture war thing started in the 70's and 80's, finally calcifying by 1990..with the rhetoric of the right wing opposition being..then, essentially what it is today, and literally everything you've deigned to mention in this thread.  

Strange how none of those dire predictions ended up coming true...while the mass disenfranchisement, oppression, and wedge propaganda continued unabated to it's terminus today.
I can only speak to my own experience. I saw lots of prejudice, including anti-black racism which was strange because my town of 10,000 had maybe 10 black people living in it. I saw a huge amount of homophobia, bullying and so on. Hell, I was a headbanger, and I got pushed around for having long hair, or called "faggit" because I liked classical music, and sometimes wore pink shirts (I mean. . . fuck. . . it WAS the 80s).

I had friends from all demographics, and I not infrequently added my voice against assholes. Probably at least a couple of my many black eyes would probably earn me the PC stamp of approval today, though at that time I was mainly just trying to stand up for my buds.

I sound pretty indoctrinated, right? What an alt-right nut job I grew to be, poor little impressionable me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - August 23, 2018 at 1:09 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18769 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 721 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15474 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4122 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1710 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus