Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 25, 2018 at 11:33 pm)ohreally Wrote:
(August 25, 2018 at 4:26 am)PRJA93 Wrote: Peterson has some good ideas when it comes to personal responsibility. He also has some interesting ideas about psychology... Beyond that he tends to veer off into the field of horseshit. He's insanely disingenuous any time he discusses religion or god, which is annoying.

I do appreciate the sort of "pull yourself up by the bootstraps and fix your life" type of stuff because many, many more people could benefit from some serious self-reflection than currently realize it.

Peterson has some good ideas but the religious shit is just too much for me. I think he wrote a decent self-help book. He might even be an interesting professor to have. That's about it.

I understand this sentiment but he loves talking about leading edge psychology from the 80s, which ends up being a lot of outdated shit mixed in.

I don't know if that's accurate or not but doesn't really change my opinion of Peterson. I like the guy, I think he's got some good ideas. I also disagree with a LOT of stuff he says. I enjoyed the book he wrote, that's about as far as it goes. As to whether or not he teaches "outdated" psychological concepts... I can't comment on that. I have no degree in psychology and I won't pretend to. To each their own though.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by EgoDeath - August 26, 2018 at 10:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18771 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 721 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15474 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4122 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1710 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus