Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 4:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 28, 2018 at 9:47 am)Khemikal Wrote: I'm sure some nitwit said it, and I'm equally certain that this was fed through the rightwing bullhorn as if anyone was actually trying to -do- it.  Gotta keep shoveling coal into the engine or you can't blow the whistle.  Wink

(August 28, 2018 at 9:11 am)Shell B Wrote: I mean, if you've never heard anyone say that white people should pay reparations or behave a certain way to make up for slavery, I'm surprised. It may be the minority saying it, but it's not like it's something the alt right made up to make themselves feel threatened. They might be flipping the fuck out about it, but they didn't originate the idea. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the far left that came up with the idea.

That particular fear goes -aaaaaaaaallllll- the way back to the civil war, lol.  Strangely, no one ever got their 40 acres or their mule.  Just like free speech wasn't murdered, our way of life is still intact, our civilization is not a crumbling heap of ethnic ruin, and the white race hasn't been discriminated against, stigmatized or genocided.

We did, though, get the now normalized alt right..and Scrotus.  I think it's more than a little bit ironic that the established left is losing their shit, now...when anyone could have seen this coming as far back as the 90's.

Reparations is actually a pretty long and well-adopted idea. It's not really just some corner of the Internet thing or something some nitwit said that the alt right picked up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reparations_for_slavery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by Shell B - August 28, 2018 at 7:35 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18765 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 721 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15474 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4122 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1710 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus