Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 12:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 29, 2018 at 10:57 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(August 29, 2018 at 10:55 pm)bennyboy Wrote: It seems to me you just said "no" to something I didn't say, and then defined the PC mandate pretty much as I just did.
I understand that it seems that way to you.  I even have a strong grasp of why it seems that way to you.  The pc mandate is simple, don't call black people niggers and strop kvetching about "productivity" like it was relevant.  That won't bring about equality, it will just help you to not be a dick.
Okay, I went through the math of that. If you want people to be prosperous enough not to just get arrested right away, they need opportunity and motivation. In places like Mississippi, the GDP is too low to give everyone a good basic living.

So my solution would be to tie opportunity and motivation together-- I'm not blaming black people for being unproductive, or white people for not providing sufficient opportunity. I'm saying that real work should convert to production, and raise the GDP-- giving more room for real opportunity.

Entitlements make great-smelling farts. You could try just handing everyone a check, I suppose, and pat yourself on the back. But it won't work.

And no, the PC mandate is NOT what you are saying it is. That's total horse shit.

Quote:
Quote:There are two approaches to bringing equality in a case where it does exist:
1)  Make policies which will have the tendency to establish equality.
2)  Make policies which "accelerate" the bringing of equality by deliberately boosting some groups and not others.
Like...stop treating one group un-equally?  Let's call that section one a..the only policy required for social justice.  That's it, that's all that has to be done to stop the bleeding.
I think you didn't understand that those two were meant to be seen as a choice of policy. My choice is to legislate and support individual rights, because if this is done effectively, it will automatically benefit oppressed groups, and limit the strength of oppressive groups.

Your choice, and the methodology of the PC left, is to frame the problem in demographic struggles: victim vs. villain, right vs. wrong, and so on. It makes interrelationships about a fight for right and justice, but serves mainly to impose and maintain division, when there is a larger demographic which should be considered. Repeat after me: "We are all Americans, and we extend to each other in good faith all the rights, privileges and responsibilities accorded to a citizen of this great country."

There's nothing in that that justifies calling some people trash, but protecting others from being called "nigger." There's nothing that says one man's struggles justify bad behavior, and another's are irrelevant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - August 29, 2018 at 11:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18734 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 720 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15471 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4120 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1708 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9633 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus